Cracked iPhone 5 screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nba247365, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Nba247365 macrumors member

I need some advice. My mom just cracked the front screen of her iPhone 5 by dropping it on the ground. It is under a year old and she also pays for the iPhone warranty from Verizon. Should she go to the Apple store or a Verizon store to get it fixed/a replacement iPhone 5? Which will be cheaper and faster? Thank You for your help!!!

2. 617aircav Suspended

Apple will not fix it since the apple warranty is obviously void.

3. Roller macrumors 68020

I doubt if Apple will honor Verizon's warranty, though you could ask. Bet you'll end up at Verizon, though.

4. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

Verizon uses Asurion as it's insurance provider. Last time I checked it was a $200 deductible for the iPhone 5 and you received a refurbished phone. AppleCare+ is $99 with a $50 deductible. Plus, they give you a remanufactured phone. Big difference there as the screen, battery, and outer shell of the device are all new. And it's quite a bit cheaper than Asurion, which is like $10 per month if I remember correctly. Long term that can really add up. Bottom line, call Asurion and pay the $200 for a refurb, or go to Apple and pay like $220 for a remanufactured OOW replacement. I'd go to the Apple store, myself.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

I agree. Just go to Apple and pay for the out of warranty replacement.