Cracking noise on back of iPhone 4 while holding phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nickel Dime Bay, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

Got my iPhone on Monday and i havent had any problems until today when i grabbed my phone and i heard a cracking noise coming from behind the the device. Its only when i apply very little pressure to the back with my fingers or when im touching the screen from the front. Everything works fine still but the noise is getting me concerned, anyone have this problem also?

2. roof30 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 cracking

Yes I have this same problem with mine, which I also received on Monday this week. Will be calling Apple about it tomorrow to see if can be fixed/exchanged (particularly as I've just bought Applecare).

3. Nickel Dime Bay thread starter macrumors regular

Glad to see im not the only one, is your noise coming from where the sim tray is? Have a genius appointment tomorrow so hopefully i can get an exchange.

4. averschuere macrumors newbie

5. bearcats087 macrumors member

bearcats087

got the same issue i used an incipio case and it seems to of made the noise go away?

6. Nickel Dime Bay thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for not updating

I went to the apple store and the lady there was very nice, she said something was loose in there and then brought out the black box and i was on my way with a new phone in less than 15 minutes.

7. Blackdahliamrdr macrumors newbie

i had the same problem and exchanged it over at best buy. Even upgraded to a 32gb.:D