Crackle: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee won't play on ATV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Idgit, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Idgit, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014

Idgit macrumors 6502

Idgit

Can anyone get Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' to play in Crackle on the Apple TV? Everything else on Crackle will play except for this show. It works on the iPad but not the AppleTV. I'm baffled.

2. SurfMacJpMtb macrumors member

SurfMacJpMtb

Crackle: Comedians….

Yes, it worked fine on my ATV2 (not jailbroken). I did have to sign up on Crackle's web site and sign in on the ATV.

3. Idgit thread starter macrumors 6502

Idgit

Hmm. Are you in the USA or Canada or elsewhere?

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Works here, Apple TV 3 up to date software. USA.

5. SurfMacJpMtb macrumors member

SurfMacJpMtb

re: USA or Canada or

USA, accessing internet via VZ FiOS

6. Idgit thread starter macrumors 6502

Idgit

I'm in Canada, but like I said, it works on my iPad so I don't think it's a geo-restricted issue. Over at the Crackle forums, there are many complaints about Seinfeld's Crack series not playing on Roku's, but nothing about Apple TVs.

Weird. Maybe I'll try power-cycling the Apple TV to see if that makes a difference.

7. Mjrott macrumors newbie

Hi ldgit, any luck? I'm having the same problem. I watched an episode on ATV a few days ago, but since then no episode will load. I can watch other shows on crackle though. I haven't tried watching on the ipad. I'm also in Canada, on Rogers.

8. TrentS macrumors 6502

TrentS

Cicgc

I haven't tried this great show thru my AppleTV yet, but I love this show! My favorite episode so far being the one with Brian Regan as guest ( "...I think I'd rather be workin'!" ) I'll have to give it a try when I get home tonight.

:D :D :D :D

9. Idgit thread starter macrumors 6502

Idgit

I can watch the oldest episodes on the Apple TV and any of the trailers for the show, but the most recent episodes from season 3 and season 2 won't play, except on the iPad (at least there's Airplay).

Normally, I would think it's a geographical licensing thing but then I would expect it not to play on the iPad, as well. Very strange.

10. TrentS, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2014

TrentS macrumors 6502

TrentS

I tried CICGC tonight on Crackle and it worked fine for me. My Netflix wasnt working on my AppleTV, but it was on my iPad, so I "restarted" my AppleTV ( there is a restart under settings ), and then it worked fine. I was able to finish the movie The Score, which was a great movie with Robert DeNiro and Edward Norton.

:) :) :) :)

11. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Didn't work for me, but it worked on the iPhone app so I watched it via airplay. Weird.

12. Idgit thread starter macrumors 6502

Idgit

I tried it on Plex with the Crackle plugin and it works fine, so it seems the problem is restricted to the Crackle app for the Apple TV.