"Crackling" when speaker starts every now and then on new penyrn

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dmb3886, Mar 7, 2008.

1. dmb3886 macrumors regular

kinda like the breaking of popcorn in half...what should i do? left hand side near the corner of the monitor, sounds like in the monitor or speaker

if theres no sound for like a minute and a half, next time there is there's a crack that sounds sort of like a spark

2. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

I would take it to a apple store or call applecare about it and get it fixed.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Does your happen spontaneously, 'cause I had a few times where it cracked because I was adjusting sound and plugging in headphones at the same time.

4. dmb3886 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah it once happened in the middle of a song - but it doesn't occur that often just every now and then, and i have no way of predicting whether or not it'll occur when im at the apple sotre

do speakers need a break in period? is it static electricity? think i should keep it and if it doesn't get worse then be fine?

5. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

it cold be something like a hole or tear in the speaker, i would have it checked out.

6. jawzzy macrumors regular

I have this SAME problem on my Santa Rosa 2.2. I brought it into an Apple Store, but of course couldn't replicate it (its random, you damn geniuses), so they wouldn't do anything. Tell me what you find out...

7. dmb3886 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah that's why i don't think ill take it in...won't be able to replicate it. Might just be static electricity? If it doesn't occur THAT often, ill b ok. I guess if it just starts becoming more repetitive then ill take it in?

and will do

8. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Exact same problem here on a latest-generation 24" iMac 2.8GHz. Started with the 10.5.2 update, definitely 10.5.2 -related in my mind. I'm using a Bose speaker system w/ subwoofer and the pop is so loud and deep it makes me jump. Let's hope 10.5.3 fixes this one!

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If it's hard to reproduce, it will difficult for the store to diagnose the problem and tell you what's wrong.

10. dmb3886 thread starter macrumors regular

hopefully that's it then and not the laptop