Craigslist phone, can't sign out of account.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by note235, Aug 30, 2014.

1. note235 macrumors 6502a

Bought and sold iPhones on CL for since the first one in 2007. Done about 50 transaction at the minimum and no problem until yesterday. Sold my iPhone 5s and needed a replacement so went and bought a iPhone 4s for $100. Imei is clean and the phone was in great condition.

Had password lock but seller gave me the password so I disabled it perfectly fine. The girl had to go to work but when I tried to sign out out the phone I still need her password. She's at work but right now I'm sitting with her old iPhone needing a password to sign out. Thing is, her accounts are all signed in. Facebook/instagram and her photos were left there—so it's her phone.

Now I'm wondering what are possible options if she doesn't give a password considering it seems that its in her best interest to since I'd like to NOT have access to her personal info and do a clean reset.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

3. note235 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's signed into icloud and find my iPhone is on. I can't sign out until she gives the password to her itunes/icloud.

4. Azzin macrumors 68040

5. s.clapp327 macrumors newbie

You will need to get her password or have her do it remotely from Apple's website. Users can login online and deactivate the phone and even reset it I believe.

6. note235 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh didn't know that. I'll ask her that. UPDATE: I don't think I should have her do it remotely reading the description on the site.

And there's a possibility except she's been using the iPhone and has the ability to install apps hence has the password to the account.

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

8. note235 thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. dwfaust macrumors 601

dwfaust

Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and get (1) the Apple ID login credentials, or (2) your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight.

10. s.clapp327 macrumors newbie

Yeah that's what I was meaning, sorry, I should have clarified.