Crappy battery life on my iPhone 6 after Having the apple watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Benz63amg, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

So after i got my apple watch im noticing noticeably lower battery life on my iphone 6, is it because i have bluetooth enabled now at all times? (i never had bluetooth enabled before)

the only notifications i have enabled on my iphone 6 is facetime, messages and phone, i dont have any notifications enabled on my iphone 6 such as facebook instagram etc etc,

2. g.t. rags macrumors 6502

I usually only burn through 25% in a day now if I have my iPad and watch. Just my phone and watch I'll burn through 30-35% unless I start using heavily. Before the watch I would go through half if not more.

3. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Yes, since the phone is constantly communicating with the watch for data, you will see more battery usage by the phone. That is normal behavior.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

My phone dies during the day now and I must top it off in the afternoon to make it through the day. Yet another reason why my next iPhone will most likely be a 6+ so I can stop thinking about iPhone 6 battery status all the time. :eek:

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You should not notice much if any difference in phone battery due to the watch. If anything, you should notice a little less if your using the phone less and the watch instead to check notices. I see no difference in my iPhone though I do have the 6+. My wife though has a 5S but still makes it through the day with the battery and has not noticed any difference.

If you have not already try the good ole restart of the watch and the phone and see if it changes any. It should not drastically change your battery life.

6. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I've seen noticeable battery impact on my iPhone 6. What helped me a bit was restoring my phone as new, no back up restore.

That helped some.

7. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Sheesh, what's up with these threads I've seen today that are Deja Vu from 5+ weeks ago... (the other I was just in was something like "Siri on Apple Watch doesn't Talk?").

For the first day or two with my Watch it did seem to have an affect on my iPhone's battery. Nothing too crazy like some articles seemed to point out, but I haven't seen any real noticeable affects in the past 4 weeks or so since.

8. Rok73 macrumors 65816

Rok73

I absolutely cannot confirm this. My iPhone 6 battery usage is equal, sometimes even better than before since I don't use it that much anymore. But still, more like equal if I use the phone more e.g. at weekends.

I also believe that Bluetooth 4.0 is a very battery-saving standard.