Crash to apple screen then quickly back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jedblanks, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jedblanks macrumors newbie

I searched, but from time to time, when coming off lock screen my launch day iphone5 will display the apple logo as if it is rebooting, then quickly come back to the unlock code screen.

Seems to happen more often if I am opening an e-mail or text directly from the notification screen using the slide to open.

Anyone else?

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I had this happen once. It was weird. But didn't seem to happen again or cause any problems.

3. alflavor macrumors regular

4. TG1 macrumors 6502a

TG1

Happened twice for me at random during my first week. Haven't seen it since. Weird.

5. eleite macrumors regular

eleite

Happens to me every few days. But not just from the lock screen, it will happen when i try to open certain apps but I can't replicate it. Phone seems to freeze for a second, crash to the black screen with the white apple logo and then puts me back at the lock screen.

6. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

This has happened to me a number of times. It usually happens when moving apps into folders if the folder is on a different screen.

7. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

There were a few reports of this during the iOS6 beta testing.

8. jedblanks thread starter macrumors newbie

9. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

This is just Springboard crashing. Springboard crashes happen sometimes. They're harmless.

If you have "Automatically send" set in the Diagnostics and Usage page in settings, the phone will send a bug report to Apple whenever this happens, so they can fix it. If you're getting a lot of crashes I advise making sure this is on so Apple knows about them and can more easily track down the bug.

10. FiatDino macrumors newbie

Yup - happening to me too with new iPhone 5 ... never had this with the 4.

Seems to be when there is a notification in the lock screen, and then all of a sudden the phone crashes (although I do note that I'm still able to take screen grab pictures with that 2 button routine ...)

Must happen 2-3 times a day ... and is quite annoying!

Hope we get a fix/explanation soon -

P.

11. FiatDino macrumors newbie

Doh! Just happened again ... 3rd time this morning ... and this time with no notification issue involved. Phone was asleep ... I woke it up with the power button, slid the lock screen button & immmediately dead. Mine doesn't spring back to life though - I have to hold down the power & the home key for an age, and then when I let go the Apple logo pops back and we're off and running again.

Very strange - and doesn't fill me with confidence for this latest software - my iPhone 4 with IOS5 was absolutely rock solid.

12. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I've had a few, mostly when answering calls.

I imagine they'll be considered pretty high profile bugs for fixing in 6.01.