Craziness with Contact Photos!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fkjr2, Jun 6, 2012.

1. fkjr2 macrumors member

OK - never seen this before since I have owned an iPhone....under my 4S ios5, contact photos keep getting added to the wrong contact!

I have a hand ful of contacts with the correct photo attached to them however those same photos get "added" automatically to other contacts in my address book on the iPhone - weird stuff

This is not happening in icloud generally, happening on the iphone mostly and its totally random.

Anyone can help me figure out whats happening here?

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Perhaps you are jailbroken and installed a contact tweak that messes it up?

3. fkjr2 thread starter macrumors member

nope - not jailbroken

----------

I have not installed any contact app - I have apps that use contacts like Week Calendar, Calengoo, Todo, etc but never had an issue like this before.

4. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Then backup (iTunes, iCloud) and try a wipe and then a restore from the backup.

5. fkjr2 thread starter macrumors member

been there , done that - it keeps doing it again!

6. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

The only thing I can think of, and that is if you're willing to do it (your contact pictures will be reduced to that of a garbage 10x10), sync your contacts with google (or any other service, could be locally with outlook for instance, via iTunes), then delete all from iPhone / iCloud.
    Then sync back to iPhone (google, outlook via iTunes), disable iCloud contact sync prior to this, check if it's fine, then enable iCloud sync and see what gives.

This is at least, what I'd try next, in order to just get the contacts out of infectious iCloud / iPhone.

7. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

When I first updated to 5.1 and synced with iCloud it mixed up all my contact photos. I went into Settings > iCloud and turned off Contact syncing. Restarted and turned it back on and everything was fine.