Crazy like a fox? Or just plain crazy?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Feb 9, 2017.

?

Crazy like a ...

1. Fox

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  2. Lunatic

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  3. Other / Don't know / Don't care

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I've heard a number of pundits put forth the idea that trump's playing the nation with his seemingly irrational statements, as if this is all part of a scheme of his to out wit and out fox us.

I don't see that. I just see a man who is not in control of himself, who lacks self-awareness, and is driven by his impulses. There is no plan, there is no scheme. If he thinks he has one, he's just deluding himself as well as threatening the nation with his insanity.

So the questions goes out to the forum. Crazy like a fox? Or just plain crazy?

2. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Fox. Example claim that the media doesn't report fully on terrorist attacks. Media in "unt uh" fashion reports on terrorist attacks.

3. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

So it's your diagnosis that even if he has a plan for any given thing he actually does not? I certainly understand why people disagree with him, but to declare him insane...? I don't know about that.

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Come on man, it's not like the plan is listed anywhere at all. Like maybe whitehouse.gov

5. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Even if it is fake is is destroying his credibility.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That's a very poor example. He cited something as not being done that is being done and made himself look like an idiot in the process. That's not crazy like a fox. That's just crazy as in lost a grip on reality.

8. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Except his whole focus and point in doing so was to prove that the temporary travel halt is good idea.

9. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And talking about reporters not reporting on incidents that they actually are reporting on in no way shape or form makes that case. In fact, it takes away from that case being made.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Ever notice how quick the stories that lean one way disappear? You can see the same thing happen here in this forum.

11. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I think to an extent you're right in that he lacks control and is driven by impulses. Even there though I think he is in more control but now at age 70 and throughout most of his life, he willingly chooses to succumb to those impulses. As some would say it's Trump being Trump, and that's not me agreeing or disagreeing with his actions or tweets.

That said, I do believe he has a plan. I've worked with leaders like him and they always have a plan or direction they are headed towards. He keeps lots of things close to the vest and IMO is likely because he doesn't trust many people. That can also be seen in the fact that so many agree that he is also quite tight with those within his circle of trust. Again, like him or not he has survived and has been successful even through bad times. Everyone and every company has good and bad, but the ones with plans and strategy do survive. He's not one to underestimate but if you ask him, he probably doesn't mind if people do or if people just plain think he has no plan.

12. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

13. Desertrat macrumors newbie

The tweets look to me to be diversionary. He knows that the media hates his guts, but he also knows that they have little common sense. So, he keeps throwing tweets at them and they try to deal with each and every one, instantaneously. They can't deal with the overload. He then has some peace and quiet to deal with his real agenda.

Just a variant of, "If you can't confuse them with facts, baffle them with BS." He goes fishing and catches lots of suckers.

14. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Stories disappear here? What are you talking about?

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Disappear i.e. not talked about long.

17. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Well, there are (at least) two sides here. So keep talking about things. Or do you not like discussing things with people who share similar views?

18. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

So in your mind, it's the media that lacks common sense?

Interesting. And what is your opinion about trump's level of common sense?

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

He's clearly a lunatic that is here because... well,you know why. :oops:

He'll hold office as long as his lunacy is overlooked, made excuses for, Republicans hoping that in the end it will all work out with them on top. Unless some bombshell terminates his Presudency near term, it will take a united front of leaders prodded by citizens insisting they no longer tolerate his BS, then his time in office will be short lived. Odds of when? I expecting the worst, no time soon, but I'd delighted if I was surprised by something other than mushrooms. :(

20. SusanK macrumors 68000

Media didn't report the Bowling Green Massacre. Connect the dots. ;)

21. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

"Trump is a blunt instrument for us. I don’t know whether he really gets it or not." -Steve Bannon

No, I don't think Trump has an elaborate master plan behind his pettiness, insecurities, and vindictive behavior. But Bannon- who worked at Goldman Sachs, has a Harvard MBA, and authored several of the executive orders Trump signed- definitely does.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/8/14525228/president-bannon-steve

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch