Creaky iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayJamesWaller, Aug 22, 2013.

1. JayJamesWaller macrumors regular

JayJamesWaller

Hey there guys! Basically I was just wondering if anyone out there has experienced their iPhone squeaking or creaking at all at any point? Specifically when I touch down on one side of the screen it sounds as if it is 'creaking' back up as I lift my finger. The strange thing is that this is completely new and I have had the iPhone for several months now. I was wondering if this is something normal, or something which would warrant a trip to my nearest Apple Store (1 hour away)? Thanks, :)

2. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Add this to the list with the other 999 million things wrong with the iPhone 5's build quality, and why WE DON'T WANT AN iPHONE 5S. We want a redesigned iPhone.

3. ematsui macrumors member

Yes this is an issue. 2 of my phones had this problem. It went away eventually

4. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

Yeah this should go away after a while but if it doesn't you could run it down to the apple store and see if they will help you out.

5. Warcake macrumors regular

Creaky iPhone 5?

I had this problem with my first iphone 5, so I had it replaced. The top right corner near the power button had a small gap between the chamfer and the glass, you could clearly see the inside, and once pressed, would make a creaky feel.

Also, I don't get the two posters above me saying 'it'll go away after a while'. How? It'll just magically cure itself despite being an inanimate object? You guys probably just stopped noticing it after a while, is what happened. Just have it replaced if it bothers you op.

6. JayJamesWaller thread starter macrumors regular

JayJamesWaller

Thanks bud, that was a lot more helpful! I'll see how it goes and if it gets any worse or bothers me I'll just head down to Apple, just that this being my 3rd different iPhone 5 I'd rather not have anymore issues! xD

7. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Wow stupid

8. ematsui macrumors member

well, mine wasn't as pronounced as yours. I just had the creaking, no visual space or gap. It seems like an adhesive issue for my issue and it eventually bonded.

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I had the same issue on my previous iPhone 5 (replaced due to different issue) and my current one. It is annoying, but I only really notice it when playing games at night when it's quiet. Otherwise, when reading, browsing etc it's fine.

The rest of the phone is great so can't really be bothered to go to the Apple Store.

10. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Right back at ya!

11. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

Let's keep calm guys no insults certain things bother some while it doesnt bother others

12. Shevys macrumors newbie

LCD Separator Machine for SAMSUNG AND IPHONE SEPARATE LCD TOUCHSCREENS

Has anybody heard of LCD Screen Separator ?

It is machine that will remove the glass only on any phones.

13. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

14. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Your user name, huge fan of the Virgin company or struggle with the ladies? I get the Australia part :)

----------

Never experienced this on my 5, just a rattling power button . Get it checked out in an apple store

15. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Uh, seriously? That comment was not needed. Virgin Australia is a large airline in Australia, but you wouldnt know that coz you were dumb enough to come up whith the first thing

16. ElZeus macrumors regular

Do you use an otterbox case? My case makes the phone creak but its really the case that's creaking. It's the plastic rubbing up on the rubber. Also I noticed these cases leave some nasty smudges on the phone, I'm not going to be purchasing a new one in the future.

17. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

No problems with my 5, but a friend of mine is having creaking noice at the top left corner btw nothing to bother