Create Name Change

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
New York
"Macworld CreativePro Conference & Expo." is the new name for "Create" which was just formerly "MacWorld NY"

sorry if this has already been posted, but i did do a search.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
Louisville, KY
Actually Kwyjibo, the thread you refered to isn't the same.

What bennetsaysargh reported is that the Create Expo had changed it's name from "Create". The thread you linked to talked about how MWNY had changed it's name to "Create". So, this is new news.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
My mistake i'm quite sorry bennet. It was an overlook on my part. Nice Work.

yumpin yiminy

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2003
you know, given the fact that this is a creative centric expo now, you'd think that they would come up with something more creative that that.
http://www.creativepro.com
it isn't associated as far as I can tell, but, that site/magazine has been around for a while now. it just seems like MacWorld is stepping on someone's toes.

reedm007

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2002
It's not Apple

I don't believe Apple has control over the name "Macworld" -- it's a magazine, produced entirely independantly from Apple...

E

evilfunkgenius

IDG has got to get their act together if they expect anyone to show up at all. I have a feeling that with the economy the way it is, and the lack of Apple presence at the show -- also taking into consideration the lack of focus from IDG -- that this conference has the makings of a serious dud.

yumpin yiminy

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2003
Re: It's not Apple

Originally posted by reedm007
I don't believe Apple has control over the name "Macworld" -- it's a magazine, produced entirely independantly from Apple...
i hear ya. when i wrote "they" I suppose i should have wrote Mac World or IDG.
It is just an odd thing that they chose that name when it already is in use.

BaghdadBob

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2003
Gorgeous, WA
Originally posted by evilfunkgenius
IDG has got to get their act together if they expect anyone to show up at all. I have a feeling that with the economy the way it is, and the lack of Apple presence at the show -- also taking into consideration the lack of focus from IDG -- that this conference has the makings of a serious dud.
No no, this is the conference where Apple announces that they leaked the rumor about UMG to distract people from their buildup to the joint aquisition of Adobe and Strata, and their new packaged softare policies....:droooool:

Has anyone here ever tried to use FrontPage?

Anyway, good change. "CREATE" was a little snooty, IMO.

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
You guys might be right... With two name changes, AND doin' it this late in the game, things don't look good for this conference.

Even so, I'm still going. At least walk the floor. Besides, it's an excuse to go to NYC.

old_macpro

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2003
Way back in the old days, I remember seeing that yes - in fact, the MacWorld mag had licensed the name "MacWorld" from Apple. Early agreements limited anything that started with the name "Mac" like MacPaint, MacWrite.

Maybe Apple still controls the MacWorld name

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
New York
if that is so, then maybe apple will suprise everyone at the last second and show up!
just dreaming:(

MacvWorld has been, should be, aand always should be the title of it
at least in my opinion

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
This name is still way too short to explain this event. Allow me to suggest:

"Macworld New York CreativePro Plus Conference Without Steve but Probably Somebody Else from Apple Though We Still Don't Know Who Yet So Come Anyway & Find Out Expo"

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by IJ Reilly
This name is still way too short to explain this event. Allow me to suggest:

"Macworld New York CreativePro Plus Conference Without Steve but Probably Somebody Else from Apple Though We Still Don't Know Who Yet So Come Anyway & Find Out Expo"
now that's a name that explains it all!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.