Creating slide show music video on iMovie for youtube

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by retrospecta, Jan 7, 2010.

1. retrospecta macrumors newbie

Ok, stupid question of the day, apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on the boards, I could'nt find it...

I would like to create a slide show video in iMovie to upload to youtube using a piece of music (non copyright natch, *cough*). As I only have a few images to use I'd like to be able to just simply repeat the images until the track stops.

Being not terribly Mac/technically minded I'm having problems. The silde show should work around the complete piece of music but I can't seem to do it.

Also I'm importing the pictures from my iPhoto, is there any way of resizing them in my movie as they all appear full screen and I think it would look better if they they were cropped a little.

Does that make any sense, do I get a prize for being the biggest div of the day? Your thoughts/expertise would be very welcome.

2. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

3. retrospecta thread starter macrumors newbie

4. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

When it comes to iMovie help, I prefer iMovie '06. For me, it is much more user friendly and easier to use. I've been using it ever since it came out and I have been able to create slideshows easily in it. Perhaps if you email me, I can help you even more with this:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=155844

5. retrospecta thread starter macrumors newbie

John Doe, thank you for your kind offer of help. Unfortunately when I click on the link you provided, the site says 'you do not have permission to access this page'.

Bah!, I appreciate your offer of assistance though.

6. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Alright then, try this:

Click on John Doe 57 and select Send email to John Doe 57.

Attached Files: