Credit Check? I have 5 phones on AT&T!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jun 25, 2008.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

What is this about a credit check? I have 5 phones on AT&T already, isn't that good enough. Sheeeeeez. We don't need no stinking Credit Checks.

2. tritonj macrumors 6502a

then you should be fine, all carriers issue credit checks to new customers, you're not a new customer, so there is no need.

3. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. tritonj macrumors 6502a

no problem, that being said though, i believe a carrier can place a limit on how many lines you can have under your name, but you'd have to call ATT to find out if you have a restriction like that.

5. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

5 is the limit on the family plan. I am going to hook up the 3G on one of those lines.

6. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

So does this mean if after credit check and you're not qualified then you can't get an iphone? :eek: that sucks :mad:, getting in line and then finding out you can't get the iphone because of it :(. how did it work before when they had in home activation on older iphone? did it do some kind of credit check? :confused:

7. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

no it means if you have bad credit then they will require a deposit. the lower the FICO score the more money they will require for your deposit.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Alternately, they disqualify those who post in Comic Sans. ;)

9. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

any idea or estimate how much deposit would that be?

10. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

I believe they range from $100-750.

11. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

The deposit is directly reflective of how bad the credit is. If you have a couple of minor hits, it will probably be around $100; if you have a bunch of bad stuff, it could be upwards of $500.

It all depends.

Yes, the first iPhone had a credit check as well. You could do it in the store before you bought the phone and they would give you a number to enter into iTunes when you activated. Your other option was to take the phone home and leave it up to chance whether you would have to pay a deposit or not and do the credit check through iTunes.

12. 2002cbr600f4i macrumors 6502

They're just trying to over their butts and make sure you can make the monthly service payments...

If it looks like you have a bad credit score, they make you put down more of a deposit. If you miss payments, they pull it from your deposit...

13. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I also believe if you have NO credit the deposit would be around $500.

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I believe AT&T requires a "pint of blood, your firstborn and then $250-$500!" In that order. You should do like my son; he pays nothing for his iPhone, and his wife pays nothing for her BB. Gawd, blood must be thicker than the phone bill?