Crisis with Turkey has began

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by yaxomoxay, Nov 25, 2016.

1. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

as I mentioned last month in some other post, a crisis with Turkey (which is waiting to action in Syria) has begun. UE-Turkish relations are now basically broken and we're at Turkey threatening the EU, while the EU rejected Turkey once more.
    Your thoughts?

2. RedOrchestra Suspended

That's what happens when leaders of previously democratic countries become dictators ... and Erdogan is the current poster child.

3. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Wonder what is going to happen to Merkels plan to outsource EU border policing to Turkey.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

My turkey crisis began early this morning with a mad dash to the bathroom.

5. Zenithal macrumors 603

Turkey first applied to the EU nearly three decades ago. Since then, they've done very little to meet the requirements. The Turkish people at one time welcomed the idea of joining the EU, but from what I've gathered over the last decade, they don't care about it anymore and to them it's quite unimportant. Turkey is an interesting country. For the history of the area, it's been plagued with issues and this is no different. Erdogan will find himself like any other power crazy leader in the middle east. Which is to say the people will get fed up, riot and drag his lifeless body in the streets.

Given the US election was heavily influenced by fake news from both the left and right, and possible meddling by the Russians, I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming elections in western Europe will be meddled with and fake news being pumped out to influence individuals who may be of sound mind but are as daft as a wood plank.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Thickness is measured in planks, but daftness is measured in brushes.

7. Zenithal macrumors 603

While I can appreciate the classical saying, a brush would indicate some freeflowing matter exists in their skulls unlike a hollow wooden globe. Get the picture? Traditionally, daft as a brush would indicate sheer stupidity and not outright idiocy.

8. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

So Turkey applied to join the EU before it even existed.

9. Zenithal macrumors 603

They applied to its predecessor. Everything was carried over. Regardless, in that time, they've made very little effort to get their affairs in order. That's nearly 30 years and they've done very little. Compare that to Estonia, an actual European country, which made its ascension to the EU in around 9 years from application to final approval.

The UK ascended in 1973, IIRC, long before the current EU, that doesn't make Turkey's piss poor effort to ascend any different or a special case. Joining the EU was never a serious endeavor for them. In the current political climate of Turkey and how its citizens are being treated, and how the intelligentsia was drained not long ago, they can kiss goodbye any real chance of going forward.

Current Turkey is a failed state, politicially, and needs to a regime change through the efforts of their armed forces in a successful coup d'etat, and not the farce false flag in June.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I tackled my turkey crisis with two Alka Seltzer and a nice nap on the couch.

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm also having a turkey crisis. We had 21 guests this year and they cleaned BOTH turkeys we cooked. No turkey leftovers for sandwiches. Someone call FEMA for me.

12. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

FTFY

13. werked macrumors regular

werked

Dang. I thought this was going to be a fun thread about turkeys. Oh well.

14. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

RT will soon start with Le Pen