Critical Theory

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SHNXX, May 10, 2016.

1. SHNXX macrumors 68000

Apparently critical theory is a popular subject of study for millenials in school these days.
    Have you taken any critical theory courses? What do you think about it?
    What do you think about the history of the origins of critical theory?

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I'm glad kids are still trying to shock Mom & Dad by wearing Che t-shirts.

3. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

It's a bit more far-reaching than that, I'm afraid.
    Social marxism, the academic manifestation of which is the critical theory, is intellectual foundation of nearly all the attack on individual liberty and free market the world faces today.

4. jerwin macrumors 65816

I think that imagining the prevalence of critical theory makes for a good conspiracy theory. But it hasn't been fashionable for a long time.

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Sounds like the last of the washed up hippie profs are making a last ditch effort to destroy the world on their way out the door.

6. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Except "liberty" is defined by money, wages are stagnant so the working class has less freedom, and "free market" would enslave your mother and you if it could profit from it, while convincing you that it is the right and only way to do things.

Besides, the new normal economy has wanted people to have critical thinking skills and to think outside the box, yet we still only want programmed drones?
    --- Post Merged, May 11, 2016 ---
    Or save. How many contexts and facets can we think of?

Still, they're boomers. They all screwed over the younger generations while convincing them they were the ones at fault for the system built for them to live in, while fleecing them to the bone?
    --- Post Merged, May 11, 2016 ---
    That tea flavor is so overrated...