Crooked iPhone 5 Text

imoss92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
I got my iPhone 5 the day they were released. I noticed on the back of my iPhone (pic attached) that the text beneath where it says iPhone is crooked. Has anyone else ever had this problem? Will apple replace it for a new one? Thanks.

Attachments

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
That's actually hilarious... I've never seen that before. Take it to Apple, I'm sure they'll replace it for you if it's bothering you.

Now I can't wait until we find an iPhone with an upside down Apple logo. :p

Comment

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Guess the stamping machine was having an off day :roll eyes:

Yes, I do believe they will replace it. No worries :)

Comment

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
This seems to be actually pretty common. I noticed mine is crooked but barely noticeable. I believe a lot of them are floating around crooked barely noticeable like mine and so most people are oblivious. Mine phone is flawless otherwise so I don't care to take it back and get a refurb.

There's a recent thread floating around here where a guy's phone lettering is REALLY crooked.

Comment

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Wow the white really looks terrible imo :( I think the crooked text is kinda neat though, like messed up coins that have print errors:D

Comment

imoss92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
Yeah I will probably just get it replaced since I'm kinda OCD hah. I'm surprised this sort of stuff happens since apple always mentions their eye for detail in their products. Oh well! :rolleyes:

Comment

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
id keep it so you could sell it for lots of money in the future lol, just like when they print money all messed up or stamps then the 43 cent stamp sells for 10 grand. kinda like that.

Comment

bryann9182

macrumors regular
May 18, 2011
Can some more people post pics of the back of theirs? I'm trying to find more pics online to see if it's like this on other devices too but I'm having trouble finding real pictures

Comment

edurican

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2012
Mine looks crooked as well! If you hadn't said anything I would have never noticed, yours looks more crooked though. Its a black 32 GB. I'm keeping it, it could be valuable in the future :p

Comment

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Even for me this is a non issue and I'm really particular. I'd strongly advise you to consider whether or not you are satisfied with the important characteristics of the device, namely the screen and chassis. You may end up with more issues than you bargained for.

Comment

m0no

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2009
It looks like the "iPhone" is straight but the "Designed by" is crooked.

Edit: it looks like that is what the OP said. I thought it was referring to the "iPhone"

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.