Cross-dressing event cancelled after parents object

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by dinaluvsApple, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dinaluvsApple, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2011

dinaluvsApple macrumors regular

Mod Note: The title of this thread was changed from "Gay agenda indoctrination removed from public school!" to "Cross-dressing event cancelled after parents object" in-line with the original article

excellent decision listening to the WISHES OF THE PARENTS!

http://communities.canada.com/vanco...ing-event-cancelled-after-parents-object.aspx

"This has been a real eye-opening experience for both the students and staff of the school," Ross Virgo, spokesman for the York Region district school board, is quoted as saying. "These children are not old enough to even know what gender-identity politics are."

A cross-dressing event at an Ontario public school was cancelled this week after parents complained.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Well I'm sure the International Underground Alliance of Gay People for the Advancement of Gay Indoctrination will be holding an emergency meeting to discuss this.

Oh wait, there is no conspiracy. There is no IUAGPAGI. This was a bunch of 11-12 year olds who wanted to have a giggle, and their student council proposed the idea.

Get a grip! Kids won't 'catch gayness' if boys dress as girls and girls a boys for a day. I have never met a gay man or women who is determined to convert the world! Homosexual people want, and deserve, equal treatment and I support that.

The biggest issue here is how much control parents are having over schools. Parents should not have the right to dictate what a school does. Schools should have to comply with strict national guidelines and provide a safe environment. If parents don't like it they can take their kids to a different public school, a private school, or home school them.

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Ooooh! Teh scary Gheys! They want to turn everyone into homos! :rolleyes:

Christ- get a grip. No one who isn't gay is suddenly going to turn gay! This event was only there to foster understanding.

BTW- what exactly is this "gay agenda" you speak of? Is it similar to what people were afraid of when their kids started listening to music by black folks in the 60's? You guys really sound stupid with this kind of garbage.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Oh, my...
    Says the rev McVety:
    When I hear things like homosexual militant agenda I have a hard time not laughing out loud.
    Do we go down to the park on a Saturday morning and practice drills and marching?
    I sure as hell don't.

[​IMG]
    And while I'm being snarky, the only practice this twat should concern himself about is practicing portion control.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh my god- these people really believe their own BS! :eek: That's just scary.

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

ack! I think the quotes got screwed up there. :)

7. rdowns, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So the student council planned the day and parents turned it into some gay bashing thing. Stay classy.

OP- Gay agenda indoctrination- LOLz.:rolleyes:

8. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I remember when he said that. Thought it was so stupid but funny in a way to!

Regarding your signature you should read Felthouse v Bindley [1862].

9. bagelche macrumors 6502

bagelche

Thank goodness we kept those kids from playing dress up. Next thing you know, they might have wanted to dress up as cops or firefighters. Crisis averted!

10. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

11. Queso macrumors G4

The Student Council should propose an alternative dress up day, where everyone has to come as a cowboy, red indian, construction worker, policeman.....do I really need to go on? :p

12. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

What if the parents are morons?

13. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

With a moron agenda?

14. Cromulent, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Since when has cross-dressing = gay?

15. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I by choice dressed in "drag" (not that I knew the term) for Halloween one year when I was like 9, by throwing together some of my moms clothes and
    damn the devil because I'm still straight!

And oddly enough, I never felt the urge to do it again. I guess my moms clothes didn't have the gay bug on them.

-get real people...talk about oppression. These are humans we are talking about. Humans like you and me, learn to at least tolerate if not accept. Unless tolerance is against your religion of course...

16. Queso macrumors G4

I don't even see this story in terms of "them evil gays". This is kids wanting to play, something which kids do....or at least used to. Amazing how even children playing is perceived by the whacko fringe as a threat to society now isn't it? :rolleyes:

17. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Cross dressing in childhood...good, clean, innocent fun
    Cross dressing in adulthood...good, clean, innocent fun, with possibly sexual overtones

Cross dressing at any age...DOES NOT IMPLY HOMOSEXUALITY!

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh, but dinaluvsapple has shown us that it indeed does! :rolleyes:

19. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

A militant moron agenda to normalize morons in everyone's mind and thereby promote moronic behavior.

That would be funnier were I not convinced we actually have such a thing in the US.

20. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

A cross-dressing event at a school? I'm sorry but that's just messed up.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Why? Why is it messed up? Why does it matter?

22. remmy macrumors 6502a

personal experience?

23. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Probably picked up all he needed to know from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

24. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

I don't care what one's sexual orientation is, but thinking back to when I was a wee little whipper snapper I most certainly would not have found it comfortable to dress like a girl in front of my peers.

We used to read books and play tag.

25. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Cross dressing has nothing to do with sexual orientation. I'm gay and I don't wear women's clothes. Am I supposed to?