Cross upgrade on Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Oct 17, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

My friend is going to merge her account with some other family members' accounts to form a family plan. Someone on the other plan has an upgrade available so she is planning to use it. Verizon told her to get the phone first an then merge in case the upgrade was lost in the shuffle.

She was planning to pick it up tomorrow at the apple store but Verizon said not to activate it until the plans are merged but it is hard to transfer to other lines... I told her the phone gets activated at purchase at the apple store. I know it will be activated on the other person's line but can't he then transfer it over to her line? Is this more complicate on Verizon than AT&T? They said something about the sim being permanent and more of a problem on Verizon. Please enlighten me as if like to let her know if it is okay to pick up the phone tomorrow.

2. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

it can be done. The person that wants to use the iphone will have to get a new sim from verizon.

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

That's what I thought. So she should just pick up the phone and then go to Verizon or the sim... Right?

4. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

Yes. Verizon will be able to sort it out with the sim. Basiclly they will swap the devices on the account and sort out the sims.