Crummy care from genius bar today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wesk702, Nov 12, 2011.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

So I gave in and bought a 16gig 4s plagued with the ever popular vampire battery drain. I usually hate dealing with the genius bar so I just decided to call AppleCare directly. The rep was helpful but not so much resolving, so she upped me to a supervisor that was extremely helpful.

They sent me a text that once I approved allowed them to install a diagnostic app on my phone. Anyway, long story short, the rep said they will make me an appointment with the genius bar today so I could just walk in and swap out my phone. By the time I met my genius, he said Apple does not allow exchanges for something that could be a software issue. Understood, but why the **** did you dicks send me there than and tell me I was supposed to pick up a new phone? Have way too many wtf moments with the genius bars.

2. trek360 macrumors 6502

The inconsistency can be maddening. Did they give you a case number that the 'genius' can reference?

Try another store before you give up. Otherwise maybe applecare will let you handle it by mail.

My guess is that the new party line will be to deny returns for battery related issues from here on out.

3. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Alot of the battery issues are hypercondria alot of the time. Granted there are issues but it's not a hardware issue

4. ijohnbro macrumors regular

Software or hardware either way that's alot of dough for one of the two things being crappy. So they didn't resolve it? Probably got the ol we will fix any issue with next update jive. Probably didn't even admit no fault of apple and gave ya that million different reasons besides it being an apple problem.

5. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

I emailed the AppleCare rep. He said sorry for the inconvenience and that they will mail me a replacement phone. Still hate the "genius" bar thought. F_ckin dummies.

6. bfranz macrumors newbie

That's lame, I've heard a lot more stories about these shady genius bar visits. :mad:

7. b24pgg macrumors 65816

If Apple can't even get the battery right on a 3G phone, imagine how awful the battery life is going to be on the 4G LTE iPhone...

8. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

It's not "3G phones." it's the 4S specifically. The iPhone 4 is a 3G phone it has a superb battery; way better than any of it's competitors.

9. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Can you imagine the complaints next year when it does happen? Imagine the complaints this year times 4. I wouldn't be shocked if Apple waits another year or two before implementing LTE/4G just for this reason alone. I don't believe it would hurt sales any.

10. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

Tim Cook doesn't look like he can run a tight ship. Seems too nice.
    I'm sure he was at the lead spot over the course of this year orienting.