Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klopsi69

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Hiya,

I really like the look of the crumpler backpacks, namely the sheep scarer and base toucher but don't know which one to get.
i want to be able to fit my 12" PB with powersupply, a tshirt+jeans, some text books and A4 pads.

could i cram all this in the sheep scarer, or would the base toucher be a better bet?

anyone any experience with these bags?

unfortunately there are no stores nearby so i can't check them out for myself.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil

Klopsi69

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
so i guess no-one had any experience with these two bags? I've searched the web like a mad thing and can find virtually no comments on the base toucher, and literally NOTHING on the sheep scarer.

anyone?

thanks,

squeakytoy

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2004
Melbourne
Check out http://www.crumpler.com.au for more info on Crumpler bags.

It says there that the Sheep Scarer will take a 12" and the other one fits up to a 15" laptop.

I have one of their messenger style computer bags (ie it's padded), and I can tell you that although the bag looks big, the padded laptop section takes up some space - go for the big one if you want to fit clothes etc in there.

Awesome quality bags - very strong materials with chunky zips and velcro. Crumpler started near Melbourne, Australia and you see people wearing these bags all the time.

jasonwood

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2003
Ontario, Canada
squeakytoy said:
Check out http://www.crumpler.com.au for more info on Crumpler bags.

It says there that the Sheep Scarer will take a 12" and the other one fits up to a 15" laptop.

I have one of their messenger style computer bags (ie it's padded), and I can tell you that although the bag looks big, the padded laptop section takes up some space - go for the big one if you want to fit clothes etc in there.

Awesome quality bags - very strong materials with chunky zips and velcro. Crumpler started near Melbourne, Australia and you see people wearing these bags all the time.

The sheep scarer will fit a 12" notebook, 600 page textbook and a 1" binder no problem... with a little room in the top for a few cans of pop. You can buy them on my web site, http://www.storeos.com

phrancpharmD

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
Historic Norcross
base toucher

I have the Base Toucher. It would certainly be large enough to fit what you want into it; the Sheep Scarer might be a tight fit. These bags (the Base Toucher at least) is the best bag I've ever had. It rocks! It would be great if Crumpler included the interior volume for each bag on its website though.

josepho

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
Surrey, England
Personally I've got the Crumpler Roll-o-notes, which is one of the messenger-style bags. I really really like it, as it's excellent for my 12" Powerbook, however it certainly isn't big enough to fit all you want.

I could get in my PB, 2 notepads (spiral bound, quite thick) and 2-3 slimish books (novels, critical analyses, etc), however I can't fit in much else. Sure, my power supply fits into the zipper bit at the front, but I couldn't fit in any clothes, a bottle of juice (500ml) or even a CD or two...

It's ideal for what I want, but occasionally is slightly frustrating, when I have to carry stuff in my hands, rather than stuffing it in the bag.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.