Crumpler Flock of Horror/Pinnacle of Horror

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tenganis, Feb 2, 2014.

1. tenganis macrumors member

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has heard/owns a Crumpler bag, more specifically the Flock of Horror or Pinnacle of Horror messenger bags? How big is the Flock of Horror? Would it fit a 13 rmbp, iPad, and several folders/books. I know that the Pinnacle of Horror bag is bigger, but am worried that the laptop compartment would be too big for the 13 inch rmbp... Also, I am 5"2 so I don't want the bag to be bigger than me :)

I'd love to get some thoughts from anyone who owns or has seen these bags in person!

Thank you!

2. donklaus macrumors member

I have the Pinnacle

I loved it, except the nylon zipppers gave out. Pretty quickly. First the side compartment, then the main one that held my MBP and iPad inside. So it is retired. Too bad -- looked cool, was lightweight and held all of my stuff. Just not built for heavy duty daily use.

On a side note, does anyone know how to fix a nylon zipper? No missing teeth.

3. RS1999ent macrumors member

hmm, so I actually bought a pinnacle of horror bag (sized to fit a 15" macbook pro) from Apple a few weeks ago. The 15" retina pro is a tight fit, so I wouldnt be surprised if it'd also be okay for a 13" retina pro. The bag was big and seemed sufficient to fit the laptop + several accessories.

Btw, I ended returning the bag --- it just seemed like it didn't provide enough padding for the laptop and I was otherwise unimpressed. Chalk it up to differences in taste.

4. VI™ macrumors 6502a

I bought a Chrom messenger back and the zip up notebook sleeve. It fits my 15" rMBP with Speck case and is sturdy. It doesn't have a lot of pockets, but I use it for school and I can manage with what pockets it has. Plus, it has a lifetime warranty.

5. tenganis thread starter macrumors member

Crumpler has a lifetime warranty so you should be able to get them to fix it!

----------

Is the computer placed in the bag vertically or sideways? The Pinnacle of Horror bag seems huge on videos with men models, so I am worried it would be too big for me. How tight is the fit for the 15" macbook pro? Would it fit with a Speck case or was it tight even without it?

Thank you for sending me your thoughts on the bag!