Cruz cruises past Trump & Carson in latest Iowa Poll

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Macky-Mac, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

despite all the attention he's been getting recently, Trump has fallen behind in the latest Des Moines Register/Bloomberg Politics Iowa poll which was just released on Saturday.........he's now trailing Cruz by 10 points, Carson has dropped back to 3rd.

Cruz 31%, Trump 21%, Carson 13%

link to Des Moines Register

Another poll released Monday also shows Cruz taking the lead;

link to Monmouth Poll

Still a bit early yet, but starting to get interesting

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

the religious nut job against the egomaniac what a fight.

3. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Apparently republicans REALLY want to see another democratic president, because all of the repub candidate front runners are utterly unelectable in the general election.

4. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

#sizzle

#burn

Trump will manufacture a self-serving reason to drop out, throw his weight behind Cruz, and then take the credit for Cruz's presidential win. Which will be untrue, since it will be Democrats who solidfy the win of anyone-not-Democrat.

5. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I've been saying this from the beginning. Apparently they're still meeting behind closed doors at times.

6. dec. Suspended

dec.

From those three mentioned, I'd probably prefer Trump. At least he doesn't even try to excuse his delusions with some mythology.

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Cruz is probably the least bad far right republican in the race.

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Trump is all talk but Cruz is the real dangerous one and crazy enough to try and implement the stuff he's talking about. But this is all good because if Cruz wins Iowa that undercuts Trump's whole winner argument and the loss should have substantial impact on his campaign. At the same time, it is bad news for Cruz if he wins because we've all seen this show before, i.e. Huckabee and Santorum, where the winner of Iowa goes on to be rejected by voters in other states.

9. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

It's been strongly implied that Cruz is not very well liked by his colleagues. If he's elected, I could see a congressional resistance toward him similar to the resistance toward Obama. The difference being that the resistance would come from his own party.

That being said, I think Cruz is even less electable than Trump. I suspect he'd lose to Hillary even if she gets indicted.

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

What you don't want is Cruz facing off in a debate with that aging criminal, Hillary.

All you'll hear from Hillary are her trademark inappropriate shrill cackles in response to Cruz's incisive onslaught.

Witness how Cruz handled CNBC "moderators" by orally reeling off the past 5 or 6 ludicrous and crass questions they asked and threw it back at at 'em, all without writing notes, and with such lucid clarity and not missing a beat.

And yes, count on Cruz to reverse all of Obama's detrimental decisions. Even now, Obama is all in on the "battle" against climate change, but for the battle against Muslim extremist terrorism, not so much. ... Because the "battle" against climate change is where the money is, as Obama is all in for global redistrubution of wealth.

11. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

"Aging"? Wasn't Reagan older than Hillary when he was elected? Or does that adjective only apply to women?

12. Meister Suspended

Meister

Cruz is not such a bad choice, but the only one who can stop Hitlary is the Donald.

13. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

This because the presumed Dem nominee IS an establishment Republican. The question remains whether she's electable. Or anyone running is electable. This is some fish fry we got here. Everything in the pan is burnt and the ones that got away left because they too were unelectable :D

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

There are some good and electable candidates. Trump, Sander, Cruz, Paul, ... It's just that the establishment doesn't want you to vote for these guys.

That's why I strongly hope for Trump. He is the only one who has an actual shot to cause some badly needed change.

I get a hunch that the establishment has made their peace with Cruz. He is not self funding, doesn't appeal to mainstream voters and has no chance of beating Hitlary. That's what they want!

For the GOP (and the entire nation really) it's either Trump or game over.

15. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Why is that every time someone creates a thread to discuss a topic related to the Republican field, the right leaning members on this board try to divert the conversation to a rant about someone in the Democratic field. I can only surmise that their unwillingness to engage in debate on the actual subject at hand is an acknowledgement of the truthfulness and accuracy of our comments. I guess it makes sense not being able to defend the indefensible, therefore the need to resort to "What about them arguments" as a means to justify and vindicate their candidates.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

Why?

The current POTUS is up and about arming terrorists, letting them into the country, fighting against the weather, acumulating debt and advocating to disarm the population. And the democrats are about to nominate Hitlary ....

Every GOP candidate is better than Barry or Hitlary.

It's just about the question who can stop the wicked witch of the west and her Saudi dictator buddies from destroying the nation.

17. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Then why don't you create a thread about that instead of constantly hijacking threads?

18. Meister Suspended

Meister

What do you think this thread is about?

19. FieldingMellish Suspended

Hilarious. A topic to "discuss" the Republican field. You want rants? Look at posts number 1 through 9.

20. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Cruz cruises past Trump & Carson in latest Iowa Poll

This thread isn't about Obama or Hillary....

21. Meister Suspended

Meister

Sure.

It's about who will defeat Barry and the witch.

It's about who we send to slay the dragon.

We need to discuss the dragon to know who to send.

22. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

I didn't realize Obama had announced he was running for a third term :)

So who do you think could defeat Clinton in 2016? What characteristics does a GOP candidate need in order to get more votes than the Dem nominee?

23. Meister, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015

Meister Suspended

Meister

I think it will be hard to defeat Hitlary.

The american people have been softened, medicated, drugged, imprisoned, perverted, confused and dumbed down to such a degree that most people just vote for the democrats because they are not in their right mind anymore.

Trump is the only candidate that can mobilise the independent vote, christian vote, fringe vote and the vote of the few sane people left. The republican base should unify and get behind him.

Get former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura as a vice president and start turning the world around!

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

meanOldLady_hillary-Obama.jpg

25. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Grow up. Besides, Mrs. Clinton isn't the one suggesting members of one religious group be forced to register with the government like the Jews were in Nazi Germany.