Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmcf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Sorry if this is not the proper place for this but, I'm in desperate need of CS5 Web Premium and don't have much cash. I'm basically living month to month / week to week. I need to find CS5 at the lowest possible price. My mom is a teacher and I can go the academic route. Advice? Coupon Codes? Help of any sort is greatly appreciated!

YESimBLUNTED

macrumors member
Academic is the way I went and will save you more than anywhere else (minus pirating). Adobe is not like Apple when it comes to purchasing their products though. There is no check box for "yes I am a student" and you get the discount. Adobe will have you send them copies of school i.d.s and made me send in a whole lot more. But this is the cheapest way to go.

If your mom is a teacher and you purchase through the school, there is no hassle as it is seen as the school purchasing it. So if you can purchase it through her, that will be the path of least resistance.

Good luck!

csjcsj

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2011
Sarasota FL
I agree with the previous answer. If you know anyone at a local college/university, their bookstore might have the unpackaged (no fancy dvd-sized box) for the absolutely cheapest price around.

jtara

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2009
Purchase in the official bookstore of a large university system. (U. California, Cal State, etc.). They get the best prices due to their large volume of purchases. This will always beat any academic discount online from the manufacturer or retailers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.