CultofMac reports: the new iPhone may be available as early as tomorrow!!!!! w00t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pooshka, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Pooshka macrumors 65816

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Pooshka reports that CultofMac reports that Verizon reports that an analyst reports that their sources report...

Jesus, stop it already. Drivel.

3. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

I can't see that happening... They are having the conference 1 pm EDT. Are people going to go run out and get one after it's over at 2? They like having the lines for PR. Maybe a slim chance for Friday, but not tomorrow.

4. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I can report this as well: the new iPhone will be available as early as tomorrow

/sarcasm

All that means is that tomorrow is the absolute earliest it can come out...which is common sense really

5. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Report also states there will be a 4S and a 5.

6. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Doubtful - iOS5 is not even in GM yet and would need to be released for the phone to make an appearance. Verizon is just expecting lot of people to call in and ask about the new phone.

It is possible pre-orders will begin tomorrow though.

7. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

It's a blog that blogs about all things Apple. They're just doing their job. And this is an open forum to discuss all things Apple. Yes, it's a tad overwhelming when people post similar, or sometimes even the same exact thing, but what can you do? This is the monster that Apple's privacy and following has created. People need to stop being so surprised this is happening the day (and weeks) before the iPhone event. Also, there's the simple solution of not reading these threads if you have no interest in partaking in these discussions. Why should people cater to only what a certain member wants to read when this is an open and mostly-free topic forum? Anyhoo.

8. arkon macrumors member

some swiss newspapers also have reported this, when apple announced the event on 4th Oct. But that is the lack of understanding english and do research....

9. wurt macrumors member

Preorders..

How about it just being preorders?

10. Pooshka thread starter macrumors 65816

I think we may be surprised with an option to preorder tomorrow.

I doubt there would be same day availability; however, same day preorders is not too far-fetched.

11. benfica88 macrumors regular

12. arkon macrumors member

Lol, I mean common! Read it!

Apple announced the phone, also for Verizon! Every media will cover this story. Then people will call Verizon and ask question... the Apple announcement is a big thing...

13. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

14. wurt macrumors member

15. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I think this iPhone release may impose a DDoS attack on Apple's website from so many preorders.

16. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Cult of Mac is a pretty crummy site. Honestly. It's a lot of fanboy articles. Their recent one defending the 4S is insulting and so poorly written. Mike Elgan also is one of the worst writers in tech today and contributes to their site.

If you want Mac related news stick to these IMO: AppleInsider, MacRumors, 9to5Mac, Macworld, TUAW, The Apple Blog.

17. Nachoconqueso macrumors regular

Holy crap. That really is the information we've all been waiting to hear about the iPhone 5. Wowowowowwoowowowowowowow

18. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I can't stop laughing that you consider TUAW at all relevant or worthwhile. Maybe 4 or 5 years ago.

19. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

20. rruben macrumors member

21. soco macrumors 68030

soco

They are, indeed, doing their job. And the OPs of threads like this have every right to create these threads over and over and over again in an attempt to be "that guy" who started some sort of multiple page discussion so they can stand on their milk-crate podium at home and say, "Yep *puffs out chest* that was allllll mine."

My counter-point is this; If they have that right, I have mine. I come bearing whining and a heavy curmudgeon attitude.

Such a happy and symbiotic world. ;)

22. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

23. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

You might be right. It's the last one I have bookmarked on my Apple folder.

Love your username by the way.

24. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

There you go. : )

25. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

If this were true, the phones would have been already delivered or will be delivering today to many locations. And, we would have seen leaks galore. There is no way I see this happening since we have been leak free.