Cuomo Completely Destroys Conway re: Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 5, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

Sorry, not sorry - KellyAnne is disgusting and tries so desperately to spin/deflect. Cuomo isn't having it.

2. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I have limited tolerance for Conway’s BS.

Cuomo: Why don’t we talk about the issues of gun control, why not now? (Enlight of the Vegas Massacre).
    Conway: The President was there for the victims yesterday, he has great empathy, but the 2nd Amendment, just like the 1st Amendment that allows us (you and I) to have this conversation must be protected.

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Dear Cuomo, I think we and everyone are already talking about the issues. However, in light of the 59 killed in Vegas it makes me wonder why it took Vegas to spark you to say this? You know what they call what that in Chicago? Just another month. Oh wait, there were actually 84 people killed in Chicago in June, 76 in July and 50 more in August. I think the number was like 60 in September.

Would love to debate that turd in terms of his thoughts on what measure he would like to see implemented.

4. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The fact is many gun proponents don’t want to talk about gun control ever especially after horrendous mass shootings, because something might actually be done.

5. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Thanks for showing us your maturity level. It sounds to me like you didn't actually watch/listen to the full segment. Because he explained it quite clearly at least once.

6. Zenithal macrumors 604

Is it me or has she aged considerably over the last 12 months?

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Pretty sure everyone in the WH has.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I disagree. Straight up I believe people need to give it a few days as well. Think about this way, if your parents died in a car accident and you had a sibling trying to divide up the inheritance before the remains of the car were reviewed by the insurance adjuster would you consider that an appropriate move? There indeed is a time and place.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 5, 2017 ---
    I never said he didn't.

9. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

But if it were connected to ISIS, Trump would be all over it right away.

10. poloponies Suspended

But apparently fair game for Republicans or conservative media to politicize

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...an-sanctuary-cities-las-vegas-shooting-inhofe

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/04/stephen-paddock-athetist-fox-and-friends/

11. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

and rightly so given the two instances are night and day including the aspects of our society each involves.
    Yes and you're surprised at this by either side? At least you're recognizing that it's being politicized.

12. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

She nailed him right: high horse cavalry. She answered his question right from the start then she called out his network. He got so pissed off I thought he was going to start bawling on air like Shepherd Smith. Lol

I love Conway!

13. Populism, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I believe that if it were connected to ISIS, the event would have received less attention because motive would have been self-evident.

As it stands, no one can figure out why this murderer decided to gun down dozens of innocent people.

14. sim667 macrumors 65816

Ironically ISIS are largely armed with US weapons.

15. Chew Toy McCoy, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I’d also like to know under what other tragic scenario would a group of people be able to say “Now is not the time to talk about the mechanism that made it all possible.” If rollercoasters were flying off the tracks monthly would it be acceptable for anybody to say “Now is not the time to talk about rollercoaster safety and engineering”?

One could even argue that rollercoasters weren’t designed to kill people, but in these scenarios people are using guns for the purpose in which they are intended. Still gun advocates think it's defensible.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

we have no reason to compromise, so yeah gridlock works for us.
    sorry, are ISIS members U.S citizens? :rolleyes:
    our RIGHTS are ALWAYS defensible.

17. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

You're the only one I know who has this takeaway. Even my most conservative friends who either like her or Trump didn't have that takeaway.

18. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

This woman reminds me of quite a lot of posters here in how she deflects subjects towards Hillary Clinton and blame in order to avoid answering the question. This has actually made me realise why it is so prolific here to be honest. If both parties do this then no wonder nothing ever gets done.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I woke up to these two screaming at each other this morning. Not a good way to wake up, "believe me". Conway isn't hard to win an argument against. She like her boss is the ultimate troll, always engaging in whataboutism and deflection. Kind of reminds me of some people here! :p

I couldn't believe she actually dragged Hillary into things. I think Hillary is going to become the new Godwin's law...when you resort to invoking her, you are probably grasping for straws and losing the argument.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Might want to call your congress critter as as few high ranking Republicans are thinking about a full ban on bump stops.

21. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Good. I'll do whatever it takes to fight for my right to live and walk freely in this country without fear of being mowed down by someone who was able to buy 40+ guns in a month without raising any red flags. I'm glad we agree that we can fight for our rights.

22. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

It sounds to me like you need nationwide gun control rather than doing it in isolated locations and then wondering why it doesn’t work?

I don’t think increasing the gun presence makes people safer, quite the opposite.

23. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Unfortunately that right doesn't exist.

You have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
    There's nothing about living without fear.

And before anyone goes down the "life" route, murder is already illegal.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Hillary injected herself into these issues by making a dumb statement about silencers and proving she doesn't have two pebbles where her brain is supposed to be. If she wants to stay out of conversations then stop putting herself out there.