Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
My black iphone 5 will be arriving next wednesday and I'm hoping that it comes in fairly decent condition. I'm curious the whole 30 day return thing since iphones are rather scarce and from what it looks like, it's not going to get any better. Those of you who've taken back their phones for a replacement, did you just go into the store and have it swapped out or did you call first? I just can't imagine going down to my local apple store and expect them to have another black 64 gig in stock. How does it work? Once you go down there, do they put you on some priority list that they fulfill before they allow someone to reserve them online or go into the store to actually buy?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
go online and make a genius bar appointment. They have a separate stock for exchanges. The exchange will come in a white box and will be the phone only. You do not need to bring anything but your phone to the appointment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.