Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upintheclouds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
I'm just curious if anyone here has been looking at Flightaware's general iPhone tracker? This link right here: http://flightaware.com/live/iphone

UPS has been scheduling around half a dozen flights every day from China to Anchorage, then from Anchorage to Kentucky.

I did some rough and ignorant estimations. If there are about 195,000 iPhones on each aircraft, 6 flying together seemingly everyday, that is approximately 1.1 million iPhones being shipped to the U.S. everyday.

Let me say again, that is a very rough and ignorant estimate, but could be on the correct line of thinking. What does everyone else think? Have you checked out that link or tracked your own iPhone using flightaware? Is it too early to start up The Ride of the Valkyries? ;)

richgirl

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
This is true. Actually, they've been doing 7-8 planes a day the last couple of days to Kentucky, and 1 plane to Ontario. So that's roughly 1.6-1.8 million iphones coming in the country the past few days.

Knowing all of this has only made me more anxious about receiving my iphone 6+. In theory, Everyone who preordered the first weekend should have a shipping label by 10/10 but I feel like they're going snail pace. And I'm sure opening it up for China is going to make this even more difficult and slow it up even more.

I'm on the verge of not caring anymore when I get the damn phone.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I look at FlightAware every day, but that is because I have a genuine interest in aviation and air traffic control. I participate in their forum and squawks all the time.

But one thing you may want to consider when looking at their iPhone tracker: the Occupy Central movement going on there. Seeing that most to all of their flights are coming from ZSDG or VHHH, they somehow have to get the cargo to the airport. Depending on how serious the Occupy incident gets over there, that could cause delays in flights coming out.

Watch that space.

BL.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.