Curious. If Verizon offered the iPhone in 2010, would you drop AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TapHappy, Dec 7, 2009.

1. TapHappy macrumors regular

Me? Most definitely and was a Sprint (poor me) customer!

2. silkyjohnson macrumors newbie

3. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

mcpryon2

Definitely. ATT's service is awful in my area and Verizon's is terrific.

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

Nope. AT&T is about as good as Verizon here (and where I travel), plus I use voice+data together frequently enough that I know I'd miss it.

If this happened, the masses of people that hate AT&T would then swamp Verizon. Things (like network performance, customer service, etc) would only get better for AT&T (if they lost 2 million customers), and those same things would only get worse for Verizon (if they suddenly gained 2 million customers).

5. Cask Guest

And how would losing 2 million customers would be "better" for AT&T and "worse" for Verizon, wouldn't it be the other way around??? hehehe I know what you meant, you just posted it funny.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, Im happy with AT&T and their coverage is great here locally.
    Only if it went over to Tmobile so I can take advantage of the $49 unlimited plans I'd think about switching. Not so I can get nickle and dimed by Verizon as if it would happen anyway :D

7. silkyjohnson macrumors newbie

I think he means for AT&T customers... that's 2 million less customers hogging ATT's bandwidth, which in turn would amount to better phone and data service.

8. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Verizon is much better because they've had the infrastructure longer than anyone. Verizon was smart and invested like crazy in this stuff like 20 years ago. Cingular (AT&T) was no where near the level that Verizon was a few years ago, and AT&T has a lot of catching up to do.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, they invested in keeping around dieing old technology that has been phased out worldwide :D

10. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

I'm already on Verizon, but I would definitely consider paying the ETF to switch from my droid to an iphone.

11. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

12. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

No. AT&T's service is not good in my area, but I will go with AT&T because of 17% FAN discount (2 lines).

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

14. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Nope, AT&T is fine and I prefer their customer service tenfold.

15. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I would because I already have Verizon and if they don't go to Verizon in 2010 by June, I'm switching to AT&T for the iphone while the rest of my family will still have Verizon.

16. gr8ful macrumors member

Definitely! Have original iPhone, contract up in January and will wait for next iPhone and hope for Verizon launch. If not, will grudgingly re-up with AT&T.

17. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

i would lose my 24% FAN discount...not to mention im SURE verizon would put the $350 ETF on the iphone...and somehow be a lot more expensive than att, so nope, i wouldnt go to them.

18. rogefoo macrumors newbie

definitely

I would switch in a second. I'd pay the early termination fee, etc etc. ATT 3g service is pitiful and on a regular old phone (like my wife has) the simple network is horrendous. We will switch the day the iphone comes to verizon.

19. iPhoneStore.com macrumors newbie

To most, AT&T and Apple have almost become synonymous, but some will argue that fact. Personally, I would switch in a heartbeat - Verizon's network is extremely powerful and much better than AT&Ts outside of major cities.

20. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I'll stay with AT&T. I doubt the iPhone will go with Verizon.

21. The General macrumors 601

absolutely not. $350 etf? no, thanks. no voice and data and the same time? no, thanks.

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

and yet their (Verizon) tech was able to make the switch from 2G- 3G with more of a software grade instead of a tower upgraded.....

makes you wonder doesnt it. Who made the right call. 3G used by the GSM guys has more in common with Verizon 2G tech than it does with GSM 2G tech.

23. LetMeBlastU macrumors regular

LetMeBlastU

If they didn't charge me for early termination, then yeah

24. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

i would most likely switch to verizon once my att contract is up, which wont be until 2011. ATT is really spotty where i live. will not work inside most businesses.