Curious. If Verizon offered the iPhone in 2010, would you drop AT&T?

mcpryon2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
Definitely. ATT's service is awful in my area and Verizon's is terrific.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Nope. AT&T is about as good as Verizon here (and where I travel), plus I use voice+data together frequently enough that I know I'd miss it.

If this happened, the masses of people that hate AT&T would then swamp Verizon. Things (like network performance, customer service, etc) would only get better for AT&T (if they lost 2 million customers), and those same things would only get worse for Verizon (if they suddenly gained 2 million customers).

Cask

Jul 14, 2008
Nope. AT&T is about as good as Verizon here (and where I travel), plus I use voice+data together frequently enough that I know I'd miss it.

If this happened, the masses of people that hate AT&T would then swamp Verizon. Things would only get better for AT&T (if they lost 2 million customers), and things would only get worse for Verizon (if they suddenly gained 2 million customers).
And how would losing 2 million customers would be "better" for AT&T and "worse" for Verizon, wouldn't it be the other way around??? hehehe I know what you meant, you just posted it funny.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
No, Im happy with AT&T and their coverage is great here locally.
Only if it went over to Tmobile so I can take advantage of the $49 unlimited plans I'd think about switching. Not so I can get nickle and dimed by Verizon as if it would happen anyway :D

silkyjohnson

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2009
And how would losing 2 million customers would be "better" for AT&T and "worse" for Verizon, wouldn't it be the other way around??? hehehe I know what you meant, you just posted it funny.
I think he means for AT&T customers... that's 2 million less customers hogging ATT's bandwidth, which in turn would amount to better phone and data service.

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Verizon is much better because they've had the infrastructure longer than anyone. Verizon was smart and invested like crazy in this stuff like 20 years ago. Cingular (AT&T) was no where near the level that Verizon was a few years ago, and AT&T has a lot of catching up to do.

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
I'm already on Verizon, but I would definitely consider paying the ETF to switch from my droid to an iphone.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
I would because I already have Verizon and if they don't go to Verizon in 2010 by June, I'm switching to AT&T for the iphone while the rest of my family will still have Verizon.

gr8ful

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2007
Definitely! Have original iPhone, contract up in January and will wait for next iPhone and hope for Verizon launch. If not, will grudgingly re-up with AT&T.

secretanchitman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
i would lose my 24% FAN discount...not to mention im SURE verizon would put the $350 ETF on the iphone...and somehow be a lot more expensive than att, so nope, i wouldnt go to them.

rogefoo

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2009
definitely

I would switch in a second. I'd pay the early termination fee, etc etc. ATT 3g service is pitiful and on a regular old phone (like my wife has) the simple network is horrendous. We will switch the day the iphone comes to verizon.

iPhoneStore.com

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2009
NYC
To most, AT&T and Apple have almost become synonymous, but some will argue that fact. Personally, I would switch in a heartbeat - Verizon's network is extremely powerful and much better than AT&Ts outside of major cities.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Yes, they invested in keeping around dieing old technology that has been phased out worldwide :D
and yet their (Verizon) tech was able to make the switch from 2G- 3G with more of a software grade instead of a tower upgraded.....

makes you wonder doesnt it. Who made the right call. 3G used by the GSM guys has more in common with Verizon 2G tech than it does with GSM 2G tech.

okrelayer

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2008
i would most likely switch to verizon once my att contract is up, which wont be until 2011. ATT is really spotty where i live. will not work inside most businesses.