Curious if you think what I paid for this Black Macbook was a good deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by J Griz 757, Jun 23, 2011.

1. J Griz 757 macrumors regular

J Griz 757

I bought on ebay - a Core Duo Black Mackbook, 2gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm hdd, brand new battery, keyboard and ram, and came with Aperture, Microsoft Office, and iWork 09 all serialized and legit (charger included too). I paid $450 after shipping.

I bought my current MBPro in january and it's awesome, and even though this Blackbook is years older, it still runs amazing, and it's boot time is right on par with my Pro. Oh and I bought it for the wife, and she was quite happy with it.

Either way just looking for some of your thoughts on what I paid for the Black Macbook

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Not bad. I paid $600 for a black MB with 4Gb ram, 500GB HD. It was nearly perfect condition.

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

4. J Griz 757 thread starter macrumors regular

J Griz 757

Yea the black ones look nice, even sitting next to my Pro, White iPad and iPhone. It's amazing that the fact it's the 1,1, years old model, but it works amazing still.

I'm relatively new to using Apple computers exclusively (iPhone user since 1st gen, and numerous iPods over the years) but the quality is amazing, and I'll never go back.

5. J Griz 757 thread starter macrumors regular

J Griz 757

That sounds about right.

Yours has a c2d right?

The cd only can get 2gb ram, but that is good, especially since the hdd is running at 7200rpm, so everything seems as fast as my pro during general use (web browsing, itunes etc)

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Yes, mine is C2D. I can't tell the difference in using my 2009 2.53Ghz MBP and my 2.4 GHZ black MB. The only difference is the screen on the MB isn't as bright but that is a well known issue with the MB during that time. I use my MB more than my MBP lately.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Not a bad price

I used to have that model and I sold mine 1.5 years ago for 550. I then got an updtated mb at the time (the first unibody). To be honest, that black macbook was just as fast in day to day things as my new one or my work mbp core 17 mbp. The only limitation was the ram being maxed at 2 gig

8. brapmac740 macrumors member

brapmac740

Not bad at all. My late 07 white 13.3 still works fantastically. I can't say the same for any of my forced-to-use-windows-work PC's, they crap out every 8 months it seems.

Good stuff. 450 is a steal for that set up! Especially since you know the genious bar most likely replaced the top case and the screen bevel I'm sure!

9. J Griz 757 thread starter macrumors regular

J Griz 757

Thanks for the input guys.

It's awesome that I just bought a almost 4 year old laptop, that will probably work great for another 4 years or more.

People can say what they want about Apple, but you get what you pay for, and with Apple, you get good sht.