Curiouser and curiouser - selling of iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ALittleDrive, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ALittleDrive macrumors regular

I understand that a lot of folks don't want to purchase the new 3g because of the extra contract prices, but I don't think that would justify continuing to buy the old ones for $400 + on ebay. Those of you who held onto your iphones have plenty of time to continue to sell! I'm actually trying to buy another one for the month I have to wait to buy the 3g - yes, i really think gps and 3g is more than enough incentive to buy one...

My question is, do y'alls think the majority of buyers of the old iphones in the last day simply don't know about the new 3gs (seems impossible for me to imagine) or do you think they don't care because of the new higher priced contracts + simply want the new software upgrade on July 11th + need it unlocked for service with other carriers?

I have been thinking it would be easy to buy a good condition old iphone for $200, but it isn't! When will the price drop? Hopefully in the next week, so I don't have to go too long without one! Yes, I'm addicted, I can admit it...

2. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

IMHO, the market for the older iPhones will never dry up, because they are the only ones that can be "jailbroken" and used on another carrier. It doesn't mean that people will still be getting $400 for them 6 months from now, but they are a valuable and viable asset.