Current iPad owners, what can apple do to make you buy iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hcho3, Dec 5, 2010.

1. hcho3 macrumors 68030

What can apple do for u on iPad 2, so u will go out and buy iPad 2?

2. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

3. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I've only had mine a short while but the 2 things that stand out the most that I'd like to see improved are:

1) Screen resolution improved
    2) Reduction in weight

Those two things would go a LONG way towards convincing me. Other things like a camera aren't too important.

4. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

I would like them to introduce a better display quality, both front AND rear camera and a better mobility (lighter/thinner)

5. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

I would like to have a front and back screen with a camera on each side.

So when I am talking to someone I can put the iPad between us and use facetime with the person on the other side.

Other than that I think my iPad 1 will suffice until iPad 3.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

More storage. I want 128GB. I wouldn't say no to a faster processor and more RAM, lighter will be good, too.

7. archipellago macrumors 65816

A proper full featured os, with file management access etc.

iOS just blows....

Bootcamp?

8. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Just release it. I always have to have the latest and greatest.

9. AML225 macrumors regular

I have had my iPad 1 for a little under two weeks and I would like to see:

1) higher screen resolution
    2) facetime camera
    3) more memory
    4) faster processor
    5) better battery

Performance wise I can't complain about my iPad 1. However I would absolutely love to see an Aperture version built for the iPad. Which means the iPad would need to be able to handle large raw files. I know it's a long shot but it would be amazing.

I can't see apple making this thing any smaller but I'm sure they'll find a way. I don't care if it gets any heavier or larger. This thing is already unbelievably thin.

I will say, regardless of what they do, if they make any improvement I see myself benefiting from, I'll be buying iPad 2. I love this thing. I'm addicted.

10. mikechan1234 macrumors 6502

LOL! You're such a dreamer with the back screen :D

11. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

The supposed 5 new features on the iPad 2 don't really make me want drop the iPad 1 to run out and buy it.

12. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Good question

Actually, there is not much that I want out of the iPad at the moment besides what it already does. A front facing camera would make sense. I wouldn't care for a rear facing camera. I do facetime a lot, so I guess a front facing camera would be enough to have me thinking about upgrading.

13. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

+1

14. BrennerM macrumors regular

I don't care about cameras or extra ports. The only thing that might tempt me is if they upped the resolution significantly with no slowdown. Since this is very unlikely for 2011 , I doubt they will get my money. In 2012 I will probably be ready. I use it so much that my battery will probably be shot by then anyway.

15. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

The iPad 2 should be lighter, look even more sleek, have more RAM, a faster CPU, the same great battery life and a camera for video conferencing. FaceTime should also be integrated.

If Apple does all these, I will buy it as soon as it is released. Come to think about it, I am buying it anyway :D

16. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Let's see...

More ram: Is an explanation really necessary?

Unlock USB through dock connector: I have read that the restrictions with the camera kit are done in hardware. Open it up. Put wired Ethernet on it. Let me plug in a wired super drive or a web cam.

No camera option: I don't want a camera, I don't have one on my laptop or my cell phone. Cameras are not allowed in some of the facilities I goto. Use a USB webcam, or put on on a dock.

Multi frequency 3G/4G: I know the iPad is not carrier locked, but it only works on AT&T frequencies in the US. Let's put an end to that please. This is why I have a wifi only iPad.

Add a sd card slot: We already have a sim card slot. I don't care about extra storage memory, but it would be nice to have some movies on a card and just slip it in instead of having to pull out the laptop and 'sync' them.

I can list a full page of iOS updates, but I believe the OP is looking for hardware.

17. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

But a different tablet then. This thread is not about iOs blows. If you don't like whole OS system in general, go for something else. Case closed.

18. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

I seriously doubt they will make huge updates. It will be like iPhone 3G to 3GS update. There will be few updates in specs, but hardware wise... I cannot think of anything else, but camera.

19. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Dumbest post ever.....

20. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

128GB no. Too expensive. No. Apple charges like 300 dollars for extra 128GB storage on Macbook air. So, I expect it will be around 100-150 dollars extra money to jump from 64GB to 128GB. There aren't many tablets out there with 128GB storage option. So, no.

21. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

I am sure that is just about what apple will do and add a face time camera.
    Higher resolution won't be retina display, but it will be higher than current resolution.

22. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Agreed. iPad is successful because of iOS. There have been unsuccessful overpriced tablets for years trying to run a desktop os.

I would also like to add gps to the wifi only models. I think the gyro is a given.

23. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

Just curious, wouldn't be easier to combine all of the: "what if", "are you gonna buy", "when will it be released", "what can Apple do", "etc...yada, yada" threads into one mega-gonzo bandwidth sucking thread instead of creating new ones every day? Hey mods how about making a jam sandwich? Take all of these repeated threads and jam them all into one thread and make it a sticky or something. This is getting insane with the same thread topics every single day.

24. hcho3 thread starter macrumors 68030

This thread won't be the last one about this issue. There are lots of people on this thread, and it won't stop.

25. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

So are you saying that you prefer to be the problem than part of the solution?

Let me nip this in the bud. I was just asking a question regarding the repetitive threads that basically last a page, then die only to be re-spawned as the same old thread again and again.