Cut Food Stamps? Really?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Michael Goff, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

2. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Do you know that you can make $200,000 a year, have $500,000 in a retirement account, but as long as you show them that your bills are $201,000 (aka more than you bring in), then the GOV will gladly dole out food stamps to you. Broken system indeed. I am a firm believer Obama attempted to destroy USA by overwhelming it. Hopefully he only got close. Time will tell.

3. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

What evidence do you have that Obama tried to destroy the US by overwhelming it?

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Provide proof.

5. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

That's like asking me to provide evidence the sun shines. It's fact. Not perception.

6. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

If it's fact, you'll be able to provide evidence. You can prove the sun shines quite easily, for example.

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

This isn't youtube.... You have to backup your assertions in PRSI.....

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Complete and utter bull ****.

Ah, Obama Derangement Syndrome.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

our boys & girls in the armed forces need to come home. hope the budget is cut enough to accomplish that.

10. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

You must be new here...

11. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Wow, another thing I agree with you about.

Is the sky falling yet? :eek:

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Yeah, and all you have to do to prove the sun shines is point at it in the sky. If what your claiming is easily ascertained fact, you should be able to provide more than enough evidence to back up yours statement.

If you want a good starting point, explain to me what Obama has to gain by ruining the US economy. Who else does it benefit?

13. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

oops I did it again. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut. Are you all democrats here? No worries. I do not wish to debate contrary to my words above. Food stamps good. Defense bad. Eric bows out of convo... and backs away slowly...

14. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Then you really shouldn't be posting here at all. When you make a claim about anything, whether it is the benefits of gun control or how Obama is destroying America, you're supposed to substantiate this claim. It's not about Democrat vs Republican, Liberal vs Conservative, it's about following the rules of the site. If you cannot do something so simple, don't make claims.

15. Renzatic, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Hey guys! I decided to stop by here and say something stupid I heard someone say once, and can't provide any proof as to its validity! Sorry you're all commies who hate unborn children! Bye!

Ahh, the internet.

Listen, guy. You came to a place that thrives on debate and discourse. In case you weren't aware, debate and discourse absolutely requires you provide proof to back up any statement you make. You can't just come in, say something, and expect us to take your word on it just because.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Funny thing Mr. Cheney, hundreds of thousands of those men and women you sent to war are on food stamps - both active duty and veterans.

That's the usual response from one who posts crap and knows he can't back it up.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

food stamps for those in need = good

overspending on defense = BAD, we gave BILLIONS to warlords in the M-E, money is better spent HERE on people who NEED IT.

end the wars, cut the spending.

19. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

My favorite part is when you immediately assume everyone who disagrees with you is on the other side of the fence.

Partisan hackery knows no bounds!

20. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

There are outlying problems, I will admit that. I just get frustrated when people try to paint that as a majority.

----------

It's an easy way to try to paint yourself as the victim.

21. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Nope, there are a good number of conservatives here, otherwise I'd have nothing to argue about!

But you have to back up your assertions, and claiming that Obama "wants to destroy the USA"...well, you have to give us a well-reasoned argument, with citations, as to why you believe that's reality.

22. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

cut corporate welfare and entitlements and you can have plenty of welfare and military spending.

23. Michael Goff thread starter macrumors G3

Michael Goff

That post made no sense to me.

24. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

if you make about 150,00 a year you pay maybe 40.00 towards government welfare programs. but you pay around 400 for corporate tax breaks and entitlement programs.