Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
Since we now know it's not based on when you placed your order, but inventory, anyone else whose orders are held up based on the band you chose considering a new order with a band you know they have?

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 326

SilentLoner

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2007
haha any success? To be fair it should go by placement in the queue based on stock levels

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
haha any success? To be fair it should go by placement in the queue based on stock levels

It doesn't feel fair when you have no idea going in, especially to those of us who were on the button within 2 minutes of the store opening while others are placing orders within the last few days and are shipping.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Since we now know it's not based on when you placed your order, but inventory, anyone else whose orders are held up based on the band you chose considering a new order with a band you know they have?

Tried this last night. Cause you crazy ppl swore they had plenty of the white ones. And were shipping out before the others. And now it is stuck in processing hell like my other order. ###

Last edited:

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
It doesn't feel fair when you have no idea going in, especially to those of us who were on the button within 2 minutes of the store opening while others are placing orders within the last few days and are shipping.

I honestly thought everyone would go for the "cheap" one and that the the SS would be fine. I originally wanted a SG sport because I'm not jazzed about $800 on a first gen product I'm not 100% I want. As soon as I placed that order at 2:03 cst it was already bumped. I said screwed it ordered the SS and now I sit without that too. lol wildness I tell ya! :p

leeingham

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2015
Birmingham, UK

This is my issue. People that got up at silly am to pre-order are still waiting but people that ordered like a week ago have already shipped purely as Apple didnt build enough stock of certain bands and colours. Bit stupid if you ask me

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
Tried this last night. Cause you crazy ppl swore they had plenty of the white ones. And we're shipping out before the others. And now it is stuck in processing hell like my other order. ###

Thanks for sharing, if it's any consolation you're helping out a lot of us with the decision making process. Fingers crossed for you. :)

nrubenstein

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2008
Washington, DC
This is my issue. People that got up at silly am to pre-order are still waiting but people that ordered like a week ago have already shipped purely as Apple didnt build enough stock of certain bands and colours. Bit stupid if you ask me

This is what happens when you have greater variety and choice. When there are a small number of choices, it's easy to build enough of each, or at least guess the proportions. The larger the number, the harder it gets.

You build what you can and catch up with demand. What exactly do you expect? Prescience? I mean, Apple has a good track record recently, but that is still asking a lot.

IMHO, the choice here was to either delay launch for a month or two, or launch with limited supply. They went for limited supply. It is what it is.

Vanilla Face

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2013

It is based on when you ordered. There are numerous different configurations. Someone getting an Apple Watch Sport before someone that ordered an Apple Watch with Link band before them isn't a big surprise.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008

I must've missed this... the ship dates have been June since the day of the pre-order. Where is the evidence that people who ordered this week have already shipped? This doesn't make sense.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
It would seem Apple would have made more people happy if they had packaged the watch and bands in separate boxes. It would have been much easier to satisfy the demand for the different combinations by just picking up one of each as required to fulfil the order.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
It would seem Apple would have made more people happy if they had packaged the watch and bands in separate boxes. It would have been much easier to satisfy the demand for the different combinations by just picking up one of each as required to fulfil the order.
Exactly.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
I must've missed this... the ship dates have been June since the day of the pre-order. Where is the evidence that people who ordered this week have already shipped? This doesn't make sense.

Check around some of these threads you will be pleasantly surprised at some of the orders that were placed as recently as early this week that have shipped out.

----------

End of the day, no matter what Apple had done they weren't going to make everyone happy. Once the supply catches up with the demand all will be forgotten until the next product launch.

boysdontcry66

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Ordered a white 38 sport on 4/10 at 5:15 PM... still processing... Seems like the best bet is going with the blue band...

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
I wonder if those who already have two orders risk losing one of them by ordering a third in an attempt to get an earlier roll out.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
I bought pink specifically because I thought no one else would've ordered it thus easier for me to get tomorrow.

White was my second choice and those are shipping. I should've done white. 3:02 AM 4/10.

Pink is reminding me of the White 3GS scenario.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.