Cutting Up Palin [merge]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Cave Man, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Anyone that doesn't realize this now has to be a family member of the Wasila Hillbillies.

4. Cave Man thread starter macrumors 604

Cave Man

Yeah, I guess 8 years of dumb-ass was all the country could take.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course they're going to shred her now. But really, it's the party's leadership that ultimately failed. She should have never been picked to run in the first place.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

So, who's really behind the pile-on and leaks? Friends of Romney, Huckabee? ;)

7. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

The nation actually made that decision in September, after the Couric interview. If you look at the polls, that's when they turned sharply in Obama's favor, before the economy collapsed.

[​IMG]

Palin gave her acceptance speech on August 29. Shortly thereafter you see the polls swing in McCain's favor. The timespan between 8/28 and 9/11 on the diagram. The Couric interview started trickling out on September 24. Look at the curve after 9/25: kaboom, bye bye McCain. On September 27, Tina Fey made her first appearance as Palin. Another huge nail in the coffin.

The financial meltdown didn't help, of course. On September 29, the first bailout bill was rejected and the DOW drops 777 points. That was the biggest drag on the McCain ticket, no doubt, but Palin's gaffes magnified the effect because it was a time when people were desperately looking for leadership and found none in Bush, McCain or Palin.

8. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Gov. Palin' certainly has a high opinion of herself.

EDIT:

She even addresses herself in the third person. Oh dear!

9. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

I know that the American media is good at loading up BS into rockets and igniting them in loud blast, so I'm going with that. Nobody is that stupid and unless I see her saying this, I won't buy into it.

11. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Heh, watch this :).

http://www.fvrss.com/2008/05/americans-vs-geography.html

12. aethelbert macrumors 601

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I dont believe it either, I think that the GOP is scapegoating (a common practice for them) instead of admitting their own faults and actually doing something about it.

I almost pity her.

14. aethelbert macrumors 601

For the GOP or American politicians in general? :rolleyes:

15. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yet another example of how poor the media is.

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

American politicians, yet moreso in the GOP

17. 66217 Guest

Wow, how can Fox let such a guy speak! I swear, he looks stupider than a 5th grader. With all due respect to 5th graders.

As for the second video, is it really true? Please tell me that it's not.

18. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

To be fair, I find it much easier to believe this than 99% of the other stuff Fox broadcasts.

19. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's why we must watch this sort of stuff with a discerning eye. The sad part is that it's politics where the spin in American media gets out of control yet they still remain credible to a huge chunk of the electorate.

20. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Opps, I meant to say 99% of the stuff Fox broadcasts.

I'm not in the electorate either :). Still, I wouldn't have voted for her / McCain even if I was eligible to vote in America. I just found this and I guess because I already had a low opinion of her I believed it. Those who think more highly of her would probably be more sceptical :).

21. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I agree, we should always be careful to take these stories into larger considerations, far too many people think something must be true since they saw it on TV.

I wonder if this is coming from Fox, angling away from the GOP; an internal fight with the party to put Palin in her place, so to speak; a poor statement from Palin that's been blown out of proportion (she's not the best speaker, so I tend to think this one has the most merit); or it's true and Palin really is clueless.

22. aethelbert macrumors 601

meh. Fox, CNN, MSNBC, it's all the same. Some just like some spin in their own direction. Comparatively, the media outlets in America are horrible for bloating stores with untrue "facts" when looking at others in the world.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I don't know why this is so hard to believe. Palin couldn't name a newspaper she reads, when asked.

Listening to her before, I've gotten the feeling that she knows a fair amount about her own little world of interests, and not much about anything else. So this wouldn't exactly come as a shock to me.

24. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

That's why the BBC is my media outlet of choice :). Relatively bias free compared to most.

25. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    if she could only see africa from her house she'd know more about it...

"as mugabe rears his head and comes into the airspace of the united states, where do they go? it's alaska!"