Cydia App Compatibility with 4.2.1 and Greenpois0n JB - List (Feel free to add to it)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Synergie, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Synergie, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

Synergie macrumors 6502a

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Good idea for a thread but from yr list it would seem like less work to list tweaks which are incompatible with 4.2.1 =)

iControl - throws you in to safe mode

I asked Musclenerd if anyone is running a google spreadsheet 4.2.1 compatibility like we had for 4.0 but no response yet. Anyone know of any?

3. brett429 macrumors member

Don't try iRealSMS... my device won't restart after installing it. Guess I'll have to restore now... great.

4. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

Anyone have an idea why every time I use the remove background button in SBsettings my status bar disappears? Im assuming RBG is not updated for 4.2.1?

5. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

If I didn't list the ones that DID work, people might still be wondering if they work or not... or even if anyone had tried them yet! :)

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Correct, known issue

7. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

there doesn't seem to be one. i would make one but i've never used google docs before and don't know the format the previous lists had. i think it was like yellow, green and red.

8. webvan macrumors member

I've seen mixed reports about this, but on my 3GS SBSSettings seems to work fine except that there is a limited number of toggles that show in the "pop-up" list, namely : 3G, Airplane, AutoLock, Bluetooth, Data, Location, Wi-Fi

So no : Phone, SSH, Rotation, etc...although they are shown in the settings.

Anyone else ?

9. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh yes, I did notice that too... I am on iPhone4 and have the same issue with the missing phone toggle. I am just using either the 3G toggle (since it seems to do the same thing? It turns my phone and 3G data off without touching the WiFi or BT) or Airplane mode to turn everything off instead.

I will edit my OP to reflect this! Thanks I completely forgot about it!

10. dilgit macrumors regular

>installous 4 > works just fine
    cydelete > works fine

11. webvan macrumors member

Sure, good to hear it's not an issue on my setup!

I'll try 3G, what I was doing was hitting Airplane then reactivating WiFi.

Another "bug" is that you can't reorder the toggles anymore, you can swap the lines but it doesn't get saved. With so few toggles working it's not really an issues I guess ;-)

So I assume SSH is always on now? Any other way to toggle it?

12. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

My toggles DO in fact reorder... I just tried and it worked. So I can't help you with that! And as for the 3G toggle... it works for me because Telus does not have Edge. If you are on a network that has Edge, if you turn off 3G it will just dump you to the Edge network won' it? It works like the phone toggle for me because there is no Edge that it will bump me to... so it just turns it off completely.

13. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Change the default pwd to something 'secure' and this becomes a non-issue

14. macsrcool1234, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

15. Los macrumors regular

While Installous does work fine in 4.2.1, please know that I believe there is a bug with it or the AppSync 4.0 that it uses. It messes up the Game Center log in for some games and it forces you to make a new profile under "Sandbox" (developer) mode and there's no way to get out of it.

I've searched online and so far everyone is pointing towards Installous including myself. Only way to get rid of that bug is to do a restore and I'm sure none of you want to go through that again.

16. this is funah macrumors 6502

this is funah

one thing that's getting on my nerves is the way FolderEnhancer is behaving with Gridlock.

this is probably a rare case, but when i rearrange icons within a folder, the icon arrangement on the folder icon (when closed) is very random and odd looking. not necessarily a bug, just a feature i did not want.

17. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

18. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks Macsrool.... and glad I could help get it started!! :p

19. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

please update the original post to link to it so people know about it and can directly update the spreadsheet.

20. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I expect it will be posted on iphonedownloadblog.com soon so we'll really get this going

21. Synergie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok done :)

22. webvan macrumors member

Bad news, in Airplane mode the phone doesn't ring...which makes sense, but doesn't work well for me as I want Sipphone to ring! Guess I will have to pull the SIM card as I just got that after sending en email via Cydia : "4.2.1 and newer users: Phone toggle does not work and has been disabled. It is not a "bug" that it does not show up. Use airplane."

Actually I'm adding the full email I got as it addresses all the 4.2.1 problems with Cydia apps :

23. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Webvan, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Sorry

24. webvan macrumors member

"Trying to say" ? I'm just posting a confirmation from BigBoss that the SBSsettings Toggles have issues in 4.2.1.

25. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Ok re-read the bold and understand somewhat now... It was the exact same thing with 4.1 but an update eventually gave us back a working flight mode.