Déjà Vu with iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rectifiability, Sep 14, 2010.

1. rectifiability macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone 4 today, replacing an iPhone 3G of two years... after my initial shock and wonder at the device (its amazing screen, its density and perceived heft), I was blown away by how fast and responsive it was. I could do anything I wanted on it, quickly. That feeling normalized quickly. Then I felt a weird sense of familiarity.

This used to be my iPhone 3G! I could surf or read Facebook or check emails or news quickly and easily with it, long before the glacial slowdown it's experienced since June.

I'm happy to have this smooth mobile experience again, but I'm slightly annoyed that this purchase was motivated partially by the crippling of my last device by iOS 4. Anyone have a similar experience?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I downgraded my old iPhone 3G from iOS 4.X down to 2.2.1, and even though it was faster to use than iOS 4 (the OS was less bloated then)

It was also not as fast and my iPhone 4, and in comparison, the iPhone 3G is beginning to show its age.

3. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

The familiarity stems from the fact that its the next model of the same phone. rather than a completely different phone (for example an android OS or different configuration of handset).

Id like to think that in 5 years time the iPhone will have evolved in every area possible but still have the same sized form factor and single home button.

No need to change the bits that dont need changin!

4. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Ah, my iphone 3G was not near as fast smooth as my iphone 4 except for maybe before iOS 3.0 (I never installed 4 on it).

It was a gradual slow down but by the time I got the 4, the 4 was remarkabley faster/smoother (and as I said, the 3G was running 3.0 when I sold it).

5. SL4VE macrumors 6502

imagine running 3.0 or even 2.7 on iPhone 4 WOW