Dad acquitted in slaying of driver who killed sons

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 27, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-road-rage-murder-case-coming-close-132319303.html
    wow, guy almost got nailed on very little evidence

2. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

From your article

Doesn't sound too kosher to me. Do people usually have ammunition and a holster when they don't own a gun?

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes, if you borrow guns that are not yours you can have ammo & assorted goods for it, I have 200 rounds of .40 cal left over from the guns I sold, I had a few holsters for them as well, I recently bought a 9mm & a .45 , I had ammo for BOTH of them & no guns to shoot it out of. I have like 4 sleves (100 rds) of 20 ga with no shotgun for it as well & some 7.62 x 39.

5. Michael Goff macrumors G4

Michael Goff

So now we punish manslaughter with death?

6. samiwas macrumors 65816

Wait....so the "real" story is that Banda crashed into Barajas and his two sons, 100 yards from Barajas's home, and there was ammunition and a holster consistent with bullet fragments found in the car. But it was someone else who ran out, shot Banda, then disappeared?

Yeah, that sounds like a perfectly reasonable explanation.

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Yeah, pardon me for not shedding any tears.

8. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

This sounds like a case where the prosecutor brought the case to court before he/she had done enough work to be sure that he could get the conviction. Since he/she only gets one shot at it, the father can stand on the courthouse steps and declare he did it... NO one can do anything about it.

He probably did it. But the state failed to prove it.

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

did you read the article?
    WHY did those "cousins" fled the scene? how come those "cousins" did not witness the shooting? no powder residue on Barajas.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So now we've come to the part where everyone chooses their side and argues **** they know little to nothing about.

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Just another example of someone who doesn't believe in America.

12. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Why did the cousins flee the scene? Do you really have to ask that question?

The answer is, they were probably drunk or high, had just been at fault in a double-fatal car accident, and watched an enraged man march into his house, get a gun and execute the driver with a shot to the head.

Under those circumstances, I think I'd flee too.

He executed a man.

How you can see that as "good" is beyond me.

13. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

It's not good, but I could not fault him either. I don't think it was murder as he must have been in greet shock! They should pleaded to a lessor crime and given him probation.

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

1. yes, neither one reported seeing barajas have a gun.

2 again, try reading the article

the cousins witnessed the crash, no where does it state that they were in the car with the deceased.

----------

things are as simple as reading the article & seeing what evidence was presented, everyone thought O.J did it, yet the gloves did not fit & the blood was smeared on his socks :eek:

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If a drunk driver killed my kid I wouldn't need a gun and would gladly go to jail.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I've read articles.

I did not see the cousins' testimony or eyewitness accounts.

If you know of a source, please share.

----------

How would you know they were intoxicated?

Are you an advocate of shooting first and breathalyzing later?

17. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

You are the one who claimed
    did you read. That somewhere? Or was it simply your opinion on what you think happened?

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Yes. That's my most likely scenario.

It is possible that the cousins dashed off the moment after the accident happened.

But I'm more likely to believe that in the less than two minutes that transpired after the accident (according to a articles I've read) that they hung around long enough to see what transpired. If it were just a horrible accident, and their cousin was injured in the front seat, I have to believe they'd have stuck around.

However, if there were instead an enraged, gun-wielding man who just executed your cousin point-blank, I can see where the motivation to flee might come from.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

They had time to beat up the dad, at least per the initial article posted , that article does not mention the cousins seeing Barajas pull the trigger or even have a gun. Had the cousins witness anything it would have been a slam dunk for the prosecution . Wonder if the wife was tested for powder residue?

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

No article that I've read has said anything about the father being beaten up.

Please share your source.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Article linked on post 1. Try reading that article. From there

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Okay. So you believe the lawyer's story.

I'd suggest that you consider that he was paid to tell it.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Lawyers & prosecutors are both experienced liars. Prosecution in this case appeared to have nothing but motive & no actual evidence. Cousins were there , cousins witness's crash & assaulted the dad, no gun at scene, no one saw the man pull the trigger & no powder residue on the man. At what point do YOU start to think that maybe, just MAYBE someone else did it? Cousins maybe? Stupid drunk teens playing with a gun & accidentally killing their cousin. Mighty convenient for them to flee the scene after assaulting the man

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Based on?

Oh, yeah ... the dad's lawyer.

Good source.

Totally unbiased.

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Who won? Oh yeah the dads lawyer. Did the prosecution dispute the assault by the cousins?

The dad's blood WAS found in the vehicle. WHY the hell would he waste his time going to the house. Getting a gun, finding a way to fire the gun WITHOUT getting any powder residue on him, get rid of the gun as well when he could have simply chocked the kid to death first? The ONLY thing the prosecution has is motive.