Dad Shoots Daughter (Dead) While Warning His Sons to Not Play With Guns

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Solomani, Jun 13, 2017.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

another idiot that should not own a gun but does. we don't need no stinking mandatory training it infringes on our right to be stupid.

2. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

That's one way to teach kids not to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

sad but true.

4. daflake macrumors 6502a

Moron! I hope he serves life in prison. "He pointed his gun at the kids and pulled the trigger"? WTF? Who does that, you always assume a gun is loaded, even if you check it!

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

sadly that seldom happens. it is a accident. caused by stupidity. at least take his guns away but even that will not happen.

6. poloponies Suspended

"Seldom" is 300 times a year.

7. daflake macrumors 6502a

He is going to pay for that one with his life anyway knowing that he killed his daughter.

Just sad and stupid.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Here is a better version located looks like he aimed it at his kids before and he was arrested for homicide.
    [Sick] Another intelligent gun owner teaches his children about gun safety by accidentally killing one of them
    http://www.fark.com/goto/9625380

9. daflake macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that was what I read and why I am pissed about it. We all know my stance on firearms, but if you are that stupid to point one at your kids, or anyone who is not a threat, maybe you don't deserve to own them.

10. Zenithal macrumors 603

Three important rules of gun safety:

1. Unless you're using it in its specified capacity, make sure it's unloaded and there's nothing in the chamber.

2. Never point it at someone, even if half of it is disassembled.

3. Even if it's half assembled and empty, presume it's loaded and ready to go. Never give the gun to a child or someone who doesn't know how to hold a gun.

Bonus Rule: Keep it locked up in a difficult to find location.

11. BoneDaddy, Jun 14, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2017

BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

Us responsible gun owners hate this more than you anti gun people. Some of us, being trained, and the rest of us being safe, KNOW how EASY it is to NEVER get into this situation. It disgusts us and makes us wish we had a way to ban people who are inherently stupid, irresponsible, or needlessly risky. Unfortunately there is no way to tell who is prone to these mistakes. There are four safety rules to the use and handling of firearms. All you have to do is follow at least ONE, and nobody will get hurt.

The Gun Is Always Loaded

Never Point The Gun At Something You Are Not Prepared To Destroy

Always Be Sure Of Your Target And What Is Behind It

Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Your Sights Are On The Target

Aside from that, I truly feel for this man, as no matter how stupid a mistake he made, I know he is in deep, DEEP pain from negligently killing his little girl.

Anyone who politicizes this story, is a SICK individual. Sadly, there are some people who LOVE these tragedies because they think it gives their "opinions", on guns, teeth. Therefore, to me, using these stories to vindicate one's stance, is the same as being happy this happened.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 14, 2017 ---
    From the article:

"Earlier, he had emptied the weapon and pulled the trigger while pointing it at the boys, they told officers."

Pisses me off so bad. He thought it was ok to point it at them. Even unloaded, it is NOT ok. Looks more like he was showing off...
    Mandatory training wouldn't have prevented this. Training only shows you how to fight with a firearm and sometimes how to be sage with one. You can have 50 years of training and still be stupid enough to do this. There are people who've had zero training and have never done this. The FACT remains, mandatory training would have no effect on these tragedies.
    I feel that way too, on one side. On the other, I feel like prison is irrelevant, compared to the anguish he has to deal with in his heart, and having to live with the mother of that girl. He should never be allowed access to firearms, and although I think SOME prison time is warranted, I don't believe life is the answer.
    Yea, it probably won't. He'll probably plea down to a charge that still allows him to own them. THAT is something the left can work on fixing and the right should back.
    Not all 300 have to do with intentionally aiming the gun at someone. It is rare that someone does something as stupid as this guy. It's much more frequent that someone shoots themselves.

12. daflake macrumors 6502a

Oh, I agree... It just angers me to see this type of stuff. I am for training on firearms and think that there should be something. Still, you are never going to be able to stop idiots from doing somthing stupid. Hell, look at how we give away drivers licenses like candy. Some of these folks should never be allowed to drive.

13. BoneDaddy Suspended

BoneDaddy

YEA, true. If only we can come up with a certain criteria for weeding out the morons.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

15. sim667 macrumors 65816

Even I know this, and I live in a country where we're not allowed firearms.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

the guy was allegedly drunk, not enough mandatory training to cure some stupidity, hope he rots in jail OR pulls and Aaron Hernandez "escape"

17. sim667 macrumors 65816

Another responsible gun owner.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: yeah, show one gun owner defending him :rolleyes:

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

There aren't.

It doesn't mean people getting drunk with guns easy available to them isn't uncommon.

20. samiwas macrumors 68000

Training doesn't have to mean "combat ready". That's the least of my worries. But it most certainly should include even the most basic safety rules about using firearms.

21. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

show the large outcry from them against it. what you hear mostly is crickets.

22. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

We should ban alcohol.

Agree with other posts. Training doesn't cure stupidity. Sad story for sure. Right up there with the number of kids accidentally run over by parents which IIRC is a higher number than those accidentally shot.
    crickets? really? unless you know a fix for stupid...

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

do you demand Muslims show outcry when an extremist goes nuts????