DaddyOFive - Family Scandal ... *child abuse under guise of pranking*

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by shyam09, Apr 18, 2017.

?

Have the parents taken it too far?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I like turtles

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Saw this on the Phillip DeFranco show (he talks about this and the Cleveland easter shooting):

Basically DaddyOFive vlogs about pranking his family. These aren't good natured pranks, it's full on drama and emotional (and sometimes physical) abuse. You'll see clips in Phil's show, but if you want to see some more stuff, here is his channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8lV8KIVWvfsaqOi_d3Wu3w

If you want to get involved, I'd suggest flagging his videos for child abuse, and maybe even reaching out to authorities in Baltimore (reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/comments/5vuoae/daddyofive_needs_to_be_shut_down/).

2. HEK Suspended

HEK

Both the father and the mother need to be pranked that their spouse was killed in accident. Fake police call. See how funny they think that would be. Let em sweat for 20 minutes.

It was only a prank dude.

Sans this child protective services needs to be contacted and review living conditions. Child exploitation and mental trauma.

3. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

This is abuse even it is a prank! Yelling at kids to make them cry just for fun in child abuse!

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I read that they are back under investigation for child abuse.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'm not a fan of pranking.

It invariably comes off as childish, sadistic and destructive.

I don't care who you are, but if you enjoy pulling pranks ... you need help.

6. samiwas Suspended

I'm not going to watch the videos, because I don't have any desire to watch young children being abused. Read something on the reddit link about the youngest one being pushed into a shelf leading to a bloody nose? Yelling at kids until they cry? And this is funny to people? Here's an idea...have a swat team bust into their house (while the kids are not there) and give the father the scare of his life. Let it drag on until he has a mental breakdown. Then say "It's just a prank!" A**hole. Somebody pulled that crap on my 5-year-old, they'd better watch their back. I'm not violent or scary in the least bit, but I would become so.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

So Dadoffive is a youtuber family, dad-mom-5 kids that make videos of themselves that often are about pranking each other.

So this first video along with others have popped up over the last day or so talking about the conditions and extreme levels this family goes through for youtube hits. I'm curious to know what others here think about all this.

DadofFive
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8lV8KIVWvfsaqOi_d3Wu3w

8. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Phillip DeFranco is probably my favorite YouTuber for news and I generally agree with what he has to say, and I like how he didn't offer his option directly, but one can still see where he stands on it.

The poor kid Cody especially is abused. Dad slamming him into a bookcase, brothers picking him up and body slamming him into the floor. Very disturbing. CPS needs to take these kids away from these scumbag parents. You don't "prank" for kid by swearing in their face until they cry.

9. BeeGood, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017

BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

So, just to preface this, I am biased. I don't believe any type of publicity to this level, whether we're talking about YouTubers, child actors, singers, etc is healthy for small children.

So, biases revealed, I only needed to watch two minutes of that to see that it is obviously child abuse. I cannot imagine how warped these kids parents are to think that any of what happened in the first clip is OK. I'm not sure if they should lose their kids, but CPS definitely needs to have a chat with them.

EDIT: And some family counseling should be 100% mandatory as a condition of them keeping the kids.

10. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Guess they are getting a lot of flack over this

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That family puts the fun in dysfunctional. People need to stop watching crap like this.

12. samiwas Suspended

There is already a thread on this, by the way. This one has the poll, which may be the difference.

I'm not going to watch the videos because I have a son the age of their youngest one, and I'm not going to watch a kid that age being yelled at until he cries, given bloody nose, or body slammed (WTF??).

13. samcraig macrumors P6

That's not an apology. That's a bunch of sorry excuses from attention-seeking parents in an age where they choose "fans" over family and have clearly sent that message straight to their kids.

14. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I saw these videos last night and they should have CPS look into this. Sorry and pathetic excuse for parents and I feel horrible for those kids. I could only imagine the mental abuse those kids have suffered.

15. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Completely missed that, thanks

16. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I think they're idiot parents who probably should get a good scare from child services. With that said it's up to child services to do something, interview all the kids, etc. It's not up to the general public to start in with death threats and running people off the road. When that happens you end up being worse than the parents.

17. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

I think they should be mandatory contestants on that A&E show 60 days in. Let them spend some time behind bars for two months as a little "prank" back at them.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

19. unlinked macrumors 6502a

20. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

The fact that there are actual people defending this crap is just sad.

21. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

Wow.

Cody will blow up that house if he gets a chance.

And I'll give him a high-five for doing it.

22. shyam09 thread starter macrumors 68000

shyam09

Didn't realize he had uploaded one. Thanks.

Here is the link for anyone curious.

23. unlinked macrumors 6502a

That is actually the 3rd one. I was referring to this one. (starts at about 7:45 since it won't let me link directly to the right time)

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

A lot of people aren't fit to be parents ... since the dawn of time, and for the foreseeable future.

The only difference is that we now get to watch it unfold on YouTube.

Other than that ... nothing else has changed.