Dad's Emotional Facebook Post Forgives Mother for Killing Their Baby

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jan 12, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/dads-emotional-facebook-post-forgives-mother-for-153828652.html
    sorry for the loss, but she needs to fry a bit in jail for it. dad should as well as he knew who the hell he was leaving his child with.

2. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

loved ones seldom accept how bad the ones they love are.

3. sim667 macrumors 65816

4. kapolani macrumors regular

Heart wrenching.

Last year, during the summer, a guy forgot that he had his son in the carseat.

He parked in the parking lot, worked for a bit, then got in the same car and went to a meeting. He then returned to work and then realized much later that he left his son in the car.

Daily I make a lap around the very same parking lot where this happened. I walked within yards of the car. I only knew about it the next day. There is a memorial that was setup in the exact spot.

I thought about this daily for a few months. Trying to put myself in this guys shoes.

I believe the husband and wife are still together.

It still gets to me.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I remember that. Horrible. I can't imagine the guilt he must live with every day.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

There was a similar story that happened just after my son was born. Not only did it give me nightmares—don't read police reports or court documents unless you have to—but I had a mild case of OCD about my son's carseat for years.

7. kapolani macrumors regular

There are guys that I work with that know/knew this guy personally (military base - contractors) and relayed some of the story.

He was put in jail for a bit, but then let out. Obviously despondent. Broke up with the wife for a bit, but ended up back together.

Man, I hugged and kissed my daughter way above normal (Hawaiian, we are really open with our affection towards family) for months.

I consider myself and manly dude, but I cried in the shower a bit thinking about this ****.

Every time I make a lap I see the memorial. People are still putting fresh flowers there.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 13, 2016 ---
    The thing that I could never figure out.

What could be on your mind that makes you forget about your child in the back.

From the moment my daughter is up till the moment she goes to bed I know exactly where and whom she is with.

8. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I don't know.

I've never lost track of my kid—except for 30 seconds at REI when he hid behind the sleeping bags. I was *this* close to totally losing my **** when a clerk heard him giggle.

9. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

Worst feeling ever.

They think it's cute, you are just about crapping your pants.