Daily Mail

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Saladinos, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

A few pics of their site. They don't even pretend to be slightly neutral or even vaguely credible.

For readers outside the UK, the Daily Mail are an ultra-right newspaper. Their journalism is far more right than FOX. I'd love somebody from as liberal an organisation as FOX to come to the Daily Mail.

Attached Files:

2. remmy macrumors 6502a

My grandparents read it, so I have read some of it, and it is utter BS, full of half truths and false statistics.

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I prefer to call the paper "The Daily Heil".

It's a bit more accurate.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Actually you seem to have caught them on a slow day… :p
    There is usually a hell of a lot more rabid foam and spittle to wipe off before you can read the crap they write…

5. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

I like the idea that proper Tories are red-faced and fat, not slim and cold.

6. Saladinos thread starter macrumors 68000

Saladinos

I know they can get worse than this. I just came across the headline in Google News and found it hilarious that people in the UK were trying out the American fascination with branding people "liberals" like it's a bad thing (guess what the root of that word is?)

It just really annoys me that a paper can be so decidedly based on ideology. They can have opinions, sure, but that's not what the mail do:
    - They're forceful with their opinions. They don't engage the reader to make their own judgements. Some slant on personal preference is fine - it's human. These guys have a massive slant going all one way. At least FOX didn't hate on Obama too much.
    - They're stuck in the backwards world of ideology. Nobody cares about that today. Opinions are decisions you make based on what you believe is right, with all the information at the time. Ideology makes the decision beforehand, regardless of what information is available. We haven't had ideology in this country since Tony Blair, and we're better without it.

I know I'm stating the obvious, it just really annoys me that they don't even try with a margin story on some labour good news. Even FOX get the occasional "liberal" on TV (although more often than not, edited to make them sound crazy).

7. Agathon macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Which major British paper isn't?

8. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I hate that ****ing paper.

Every day its "500,000 immigrants in Britain illegally" or "Government hands out $1 billion to immigrants".

Is our Prime Minister a tit? Yes. But he's far better than those Tory idiots. David Cameron and his butt sniffing friend Osbourne, sleazy slimy prats.

9. geese macrumors 6502a

geese