Daily Show shows the RNC are a bunch of Hypocrites

leekohler

macrumors G5
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Crap! I've stayed at that hotel (when it had condos). Nice place. Glad they weren't there when I was. :D

hulugu

macrumors 68000
Aug 13, 2003
quae tangit perit Trump

May 8, 2008
It's scary to think that anyone would take anything said on The Daily Show, or Colbert Report for the matter, seriously. Sure it's funny, but I wouldn't go around quoting it as fact or source it as a legitmate news source.

jonbravo77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
You can say all you want about the Daily Show, it's more truth than any of the real "News" stations will give out. I actually stopped laughing while watching The Daily Show because it's so sad to see how both parties are ridiculously stupid and petty and hypocritical. Republicans more so apparently.. :)

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
It's scary to think that anyone would take anything said on The Daily Show, or Colbert Report for the matter, seriously. Sure it's funny, but I wouldn't go around quoting it as fact or source it as a legitmate news source.
Sigh.

They're reporting on something that really happened.

May 8, 2008
Sigh.

If someone on here used Colbert as a source for a news story they'd get the third degree.

May 8, 2008
Colbert I can see your point. But The Daily Show, that's something else...
How?

I've always thought of The Daily Show as a show that has an exaggerated liberal stance and the Colbert Report as a show that has an exaggerated conservative stance, both for humor of course.

In both cases I wouldn't source a story from either source the same way I might source a story from say ABC World News Tonight, NBC Nightly News or CBS Evening News.

jonbravo77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
How?

I've always thought of The Daily Show as a show that has an exaggerated liberal stance and the Colbert Report as a show that has an exaggerated conservative stance, both for humor of course.

In both cases I wouldn't source a story from either source the same way I might source a story from say ABC World News Tonight, NBC Nightly News or CBS Evening News.
do you watch either show? The Daily Show reports on the same stuff that the other media outlets do. Yes, does it have a comedic twist, you bet. But does it make what they report any less true than the other media outlets. Not that I can see...

May 8, 2008
do you watch either show? The Daily Show reports on the same stuff that the other media outlets do. Yes, does it have a comedic twist, you bet. But does it make what they report any less true than the other media outlets. Not that I can see...
I implied that I watch both in my original post but right now I will state that, yes, I do watch both.

I guess we'll just have to disagree, I cannot look at The Daily Show (or Colbert Report) the same way I look at ABC World News Tonight. (That is the only nightly news program I watch out of the 'big' three and thus the only one I can speak to/ of.)

jonbravo77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I implied that I watch both in my original post but right now I will state that, yes, I do watch both.

I guess we'll just have to disagree, I cannot look at The Daily Show (or Colbert Report) the same way I look at ABC World News Tonight. (That is the only nightly news program I watch out of the 'big' three and thus the only one I can speak to/ of.)
I can honestly say that the only reason I watch the Daily Show is for the humor that is associated with what is going on in our political world. The other media outlets no longer report the news they report what they think will give them ratings which can no longer be considered real reporting...

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
So your saying this didnt happen ? here ill give you severall sites pointing to this meeting.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/24/rnc-holds-winter-meeting-hawaii-obamas-birthplace/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35045773/ns/politics/
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/32144.html

jonbravo77

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Nathan is not saying it didn't happen and I do see his point about the 2 programs being comedy programs. But (and I don't watch The Colbert Report) The Daily Show does report on real stories and does put a comedic twist to them without (in my opinion) diluting the real story.

ViciousShadow21

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2009
To your left or right
Nathan is not saying it didn't happen and I do see his point about the 2 programs being comedy programs. But (and I don't watch The Colbert Report) The Daily Show does report on real stories and does put a comedic twist to them without (in my opinion) diluting the real story.
in this case its pretty dark humor haha. in a way the daily show amost isnt humor. its knid of like look how stupid our politicians are. they put the comedic twist on it to avoid awkwardness.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
What a sweet assignment Oliver got! :D

And what a rich vein of hypocrisy to tap. :D :D

I mean, I don't think I've ever seen that many scenes, juxtaposing what the Republicans say vs. what they do, jammed into such a short video.

I wonder if even now the Republicans realize how utterly ridiculous they look. They were so totally clueless!

May 8, 2008
Thanks. And I completely agree that The Daily Show is far more 'real' than the Colbert Report.