Daley’s income down again in 2009

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Apr 9, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ley-tax-returns-0410-20100409,0,6294833.story

So wait, am I supposed to cry for "Da Maer"? Unbelievable.

It just makes my heart sad. :rolleyes: The jackass is costing us a lot in conventions and other business. Sorry Dick, you need to go.

BTW- the next time anyone says I don't criticize Democrats, please refer them to this thread.

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I thought Democrats weren't allowed to criticize other Democrats? Isn't that how it works in the Republican party?

;)

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

King Daley needed to go back in 2002. I still won't step foot in Chicago until he's out of office, only because of Meigs Field. So I really hope someone comes up and beats him and beats him good in the next election.

Speaking of Meigs, Lee, do you know if any new taxes have come up for the city, or if any city taxes were raised? IIRC, The city of Chicago got slapped with a multi-million dollar fine for what Daley did. And seeing that he believes that he's on his way to the poor house, he certainly can't pay it off by himself, so it has to be passed on to the residents of the city.

(I hate to say it, but I'm hoping taxes were raised, because when traced back as to why, it should mean the end of his political career.)

BL.

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Meigs was an absolute disaster. Daley should have been arrested for that. It was insane.

Oh, and yes- taxes went up quite a bit: Property taxes, sales tax, bottled water tax (I'm not kidding), cigarette taxes almost tripled, liquor taxes, hotel taxes... the list goes on.