Dallas, TX iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by sfwalter, Sep 16, 2012.

1. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Hey Dallas iPhone Fans / Fanatics!

Are you like me and either didn't pre-order or couldn't get delivery for launch day so are going to an Apple store on launch day? If so lets discuss your plans. We have a bunch of options: Willowbend, Stonebriar, North Park, Knox Street, plus all the carrier stores.

I'm thinking of Willow bend. Probably going to get up around 3:00am to see if mall security lets us on property.

2. phototech11 macrumors member

Good Luck..

I live in Frisco but in New Jersey this week for work...so I will be trying my luck out here.

If I was in town I would go to Stonebriar Mall...I was there for the store grand opening and the mall security was awesome...no problems...they let us line up inside the mall very early.

But good luck...let us know where you end up and how many in line at opening.

3. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

I did Willow Bend for the iPhone 4 and people lined up the entire day before. I got there around 11pm and was about 100 people back in line. Unless they've changed their policy at Willow Bend, expect a pretty long line by 3am.

4. sfwalter thread starter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Thanks for the tip. Which entrance did the line up by? Food Court?

5. apl97p macrumors newbie

I was at Stonebriar in Frisco for the iPhone 4 "event." Got there at 2:30 or 3:00 AM, and there was a very passive "gathering" of people (no official line, just people waiting by their cars with coffee, music, breakfast burritos, etc). They opened the doors to the mall at 6:00 AM...and when I say "opened the doors," they only opened three doors: the doors on the 2nd floor (next to Cheesecake Factory), the doors below that (next to Barnes and Noble) and the doors down by the childrens' play area. I would not recommend the 2nd floor, as it takes a while to get downstairs to where the Apple store is located...save yourself the time and start out at a bottom floor entrance.

Having said that, I asked an Apple store employee on Sunday about when the mall planned to open the doors. He was emphatic in saying that the doors to the mall would not be open until 7:00 AM.

6. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Yes, the line started at the entrance by the food court. They opened the doors around 6:30 or 7 am to let us line up at the entrance to the store. The Apple store itself opened at 8.

7. MishiRN macrumors newbie

Any ideas on the iPhone6 launch?? Is anyone going to one of these stores?

Thanks!