Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

khakilad

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
So I received my new iPhone today, only to find it had damage to the black bezel. It's only slight, however for this cost should it not be perfect? What are your thoughts? would you return it or live with it?

It's next to the plastic spacer

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    605.2 KB · Views: 346

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
Why don't you just enjoy your phone??? Many people would gladly take a small scruff to just have the phone today.

khakilad

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Why don't you just enjoy your phone??? Many people would gladly take a small scruff to just have the phone today.

The phone was nearly £700, I think personally after Apple talking about "Fit and Finish" it should be perfect!

MattMJB0188

macrumors 68020
Dec 28, 2009
The phone was nearly £700, I think personally after Apple talking about "Fit and Finish" it should be perfect!

Nothing is perfect. They are making thousands of iPhones a second to meet the demand. There are going to some with barely noticeable scuffs or light marks.

What's funny is now that if you want a replacement you'll unlikely get one til October. Haha

x0lliex

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007

I'd say you make the perfect customer, willing to accept damaged merchandise without complaint just to get it as soon as possible. People have every right to be upset if their iPhone has damage, just because they got it on release day, doesn't mean they should put up with it.

kriskay

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2007
I have a very slight one too, I can live with it though, I don't think I'll ever look at the side too often anyhow, I may get a decal for the banding to prevent any scratches

khakilad

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Nothing is perfect. They are making thousands of iPhones a second to meet the demand. There are going to some with barely noticeable scuffs or light marks.

What's funny is now that if you want a replacement you'll unlikely get one til October. Haha

That is very true! Just typical.

I will be living with it. Sadly my 4S that is 12 months old doesn't have a single mark on it!

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Calm down, we're all entitle to our own thread! :)

Really? Most of us don't want to see 8 miliion threads with the exact same issue. Have a little common sense and post on one that is ALREADY discussing this issue. Sheesh. And did you notice the thread where it says "merged"?

khakilad

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Really? Most of us don't want to see 8 miliion threads with the exact same issue. Have a little common sense and post on one that is ALREADY discussing this issue. Sheesh.

Oh shut up lol

----------

Really? Most of us don't want to see 8 miliion threads with the exact same issue. Have a little common sense and post on one that is ALREADY discussing this issue. Sheesh. And did you notice the thread where it says "merged"?

Oh and they've only sold about 2 million +- 1 million :)

JH4DC5

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2010
i also had some slight wear on the bezel when i first took it out of the box. I was a little annoyed at first, but it's a phone. i'll get over it.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
exchange it, for the money spent the phone should be flawless, I will demand a flawless phone, this whole oh enjoy the phone others are waiting crap is BS, return it for another phone or get your money back

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
It's easy to say "get over it", but to be fair if you've just paid that much money for a device designed by people so obsessive about the details, you would expect it to be perfect out of the box...

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Now you don't have to worry about it being perfect. It's bound to happen sooner or later.... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.