Damaged on Arrival

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by khakilad, Sep 21, 2012.

1. khakilad macrumors member

So I received my new iPhone today, only to find it had damage to the black bezel. It's only slight, however for this cost should it not be perfect? What are your thoughts? would you return it or live with it?

It's next to the plastic spacer

Attached Files:

2. darster Suspended

3. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Why don't you just enjoy your phone??? Many people would gladly take a small scruff to just have the phone today.

4. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

5. airlights macrumors regular

6. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

The phone was nearly £700, I think personally after Apple talking about "Fit and Finish" it should be perfect!

7. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Nothing is perfect. They are making thousands of iPhones a second to meet the demand. There are going to some with barely noticeable scuffs or light marks.

What's funny is now that if you want a replacement you'll unlikely get one til October. Haha

8. x0lliex macrumors member

I'd say you make the perfect customer, willing to accept damaged merchandise without complaint just to get it as soon as possible. People have every right to be upset if their iPhone has damage, just because they got it on release day, doesn't mean they should put up with it.

9. kriskay macrumors member

I have a very slight one too, I can live with it though, I don't think I'll ever look at the side too often anyhow, I may get a decal for the banding to prevent any scratches

10. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

That is very true! Just typical.

I will be living with it. Sadly my 4S that is 12 months old doesn't have a single mark on it!

11. darster Suspended

Really? Most of us don't want to see 8 miliion threads with the exact same issue. Have a little common sense and post on one that is ALREADY discussing this issue. Sheesh. And did you notice the thread where it says "merged"?

12. khakilad thread starter macrumors member

Oh shut up lol

----------

Oh and they've only sold about 2 million +- 1 million :)

13. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

14. JH4DC5 macrumors member

i also had some slight wear on the bezel when i first took it out of the box. I was a little annoyed at first, but it's a phone. i'll get over it.

15. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Mine does too, but mine also has a big red scratch on its back.

16. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

exchange it, for the money spent the phone should be flawless, I will demand a flawless phone, this whole oh enjoy the phone others are waiting crap is BS, return it for another phone or get your money back

17. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

It's easy to say "get over it", but to be fair if you've just paid that much money for a device designed by people so obsessive about the details, you would expect it to be perfect out of the box...

18. cynics macrumors G3

Now you don't have to worry about it being perfect. It's bound to happen sooner or later.... :)