Damn! I've had ENOUGH of the In Ear buds falling out

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MecPro, Jul 16, 2010.

1. MecPro macrumors 6502

I've gone through them all now, and I have ONE left on the left ear. It started with the plastic around the jack splitting, even though I don't roll my ear phones up.

Then the right ear bud stopped working, then worked again, then the ear buds started falling out, and the APple ladys helpful opinion was: Well we can sell you another pair of the earphones :confused:. Yeah thanks, I'll pay another £60 for the same thing to happen again

Just out of my 1 year warranty. So the question is guys, are there replacement buds from anyone else I can buy, or can you suggest the best in ear monitors, with full remote control (back, forward, pause, spech control and volume?)

Thanks

2. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

get custom ear buds. or etymotic headphones for iphone with mike, cost $100 but you will never regret the sound quality and they will never ever fall out!

3. MecPro thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I heard the Etymotic earphones were lacking on bass. I listen to a lot of hip-hop and what not, so I don't want it to be lacking in bass :(

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

The bass is fine if you place the Etymotics in your ear properly (i.e. deeply seated).

5. MecPro thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, these sound like it's a go, I always did want them but it was just the lack of bass that scared me. Can you possible confirm if they have the following:

-Pause, forward, back controls on iPod
    -Voice Control
    -Volume?

6. BABankert macrumors newbie

It is a well-known fact that single balanced-armature-based drivers (such as the ones in the Etymotics) will produce a nice overall sound but do not have the kind of bass the OP is looking for. A dynamic driver-based IEM, such as the Klipsch S4i (http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/image-s4i-overview/) will have much more bass while not sacrificing much breathing room for the mids/trebles. I have the standard S4 (didn't have an iPhone when I bought them) and I love them. For the price they're great and I'm sure the S4is are no different.

Hope that helps! :)

7. THFourteen macrumors 6502

i recommend the vmoda vibe remix remote inear phones

heavy on bass, so should suit your tastes.

plus they have a really good in-ear-fit i find compared to all the others i've tried

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

9. mis204 macrumors member

Any pair of headphones paired with the SHURE MPA-3c! The Shure adapter has a microphone and a single button which can be used to go forward/back, play/pause, voice control, hang up a call... I happen to have them paired with the baseline Shure headphones and love the combo, but any headphones will work.

10. flipangle macrumors regular

I love my S4i's! I had the same problem with earbuds falling out. I tried Apple, Bose, Sony, Jawbone bluetooth headset, etc. Nothing worked! Until the S4i's! They are awesome!

11. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

YES. This plus Klipsch s4i's and you've found perfection.

12. BABankert macrumors newbie

Really? I feel like the Complys (I have them on my Ultimate Ears super.fi 3s) recess the treble too much and would probably pull too much bass from the S4is. I love the shape of the Klipsch gels. The oval allows them to fit comfortably - after using them on a long trip, I almost forgot I had them in.

Either way, for bass response and value, the S4is (or the regular S4s with the Shure adapter mentioned earlier) are the way to go.

13. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

I agree that the included buds are very comfortable, but for some reason every type of earbud I've used will fall out while I'm exercising. Drives me insane. The Complys solved that problem, and I didn't notice a difference in sound, but I'm certainly no audiophile.

14. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

+1

Best ear tips ive ever bought they even slide onto the bose in ear headphones :D

15. BABankert macrumors newbie

Ah, okay. For exercise, the Complys definitely make sense. I use a set of Sony Hybrid tips for the gym and when I'm drumming - I don't have any issues with them falling out. Before that, I used Complys. The only complaint I have with those is the constant maintenance required to keep them clean. Otherwise you're spending $10 or so every couple months for new tips. I don't necessarily mind it, but I have other (read: more long-term/durable) options that I prefer after several years of experimentation.

16. MecPro thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info so far!

I found the other bud in my office, but I've had enough and would HATE for them to fall out if I was going somewhere far. So I'll look into those Klisps, and the ear buds

17. zea mays macrumors 6502

zea mays

I had custom ear molds made at my audiologists office. My current ear buds attach right into the mold. I like this way because I cachange out the bud whenever I like and i'll always have the molds. Now, i'm not an audiophile so YMMV.

18. nineohtoo macrumors 6502

nineohtoo

Just save money and get the Sony EP-EX10A ear tips. You'll get a better seal keeping your earphones in, and you'll get better bass out of em.

19. h00ligan macrumors 68030

You can get approved ety;s with warranty for $60 on ebay, they are FANTASTIC. er-6i

20. Seattleite macrumors member

Seattleite

I think it's hit an miss with these. I have them and they do not fit quite right in my ear so the bass does not sound too good. My husband has them and loves them!

21. FieldingMellish Suspended

Klipisch S41's for me. Good sound, perfect interaction with iPhone.

22. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Get custom earbuds. They last longer and sound significantly better.

23. ilovegoodnugz macrumors regular

24. jr.dsgn macrumors newbie