Dana Perino needs a history lesson...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by abijnk, Nov 25, 2009.

1. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I just saw this video and was like, huh? :confused:

Link

I admit that I don't know anything about Media Matters and their biases, I was linked to it in an email from a friend. But seriously, just, what?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Didn't Obama just nominate her to some board?

3. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

Unfortunately... To the Broadcasting Board of Governors.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Good thing we have her overseeing our international broadcasts, phew. Seriously where do these people come from and why are they allowed in government?

5. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Perino: "We did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush's term"

I'm sure Dana was referencing after 09/11/01 then she would be correct (need to see verbatim transcript)...'course Media Matters vultures like to smear and create hit pieces from whole cloth so I seriously doubt whatever they're peddling...

6. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

You could easily just say she flubbed the word "another". But its just par to see what you wrote about raptors.

7. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If Barack Obama's "57 states" slip of the tongue was fair game for you even though he meant 57 Democratic primary contests, then this is fair game for us.

8. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Problem is... Baracky still thinks there are 57 states... like Heinz 57 Varieties...

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

What the **** are you talking about?

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Hold on a minute. We were being told just a few weeks ago that the Beltway sniper was a terrorist. Can't your team get any story straight?

11. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

Let's not forget the anthrax

Also, straight from the horse's mouth (GWB):

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92242&page=1

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It all makes sense when you base your foreign policy on which countries you can see from your house ;).

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

MM is a liberal site run by an ex-conservative hit man gone straight. (Politically, that is. :D ) For my money, they occasionally get a little overzealous criticizing an "on the fence" comment from conservatives, but they also collect and publish a vast array of craziness and out-and-out lies from right wing types.

Yup. Don't know what Obama was thinking.

Perino is usually a pretty smooth liar, which makes it hard for me to believe her comment was a mere slip-up. A bit of Foxed-up history revisionism, perhaps?

14. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Nice veiled racist jab! Next up: Comments involving Chicken.

15. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

:rolleyes:

There was absolutely no attempt at anything racist to note that Obama was confused about the number of states in the Union; indeed that was jab at his intelligence. You don't need to be throwing the racist card every time someone notes a failure on Obama's part; this thread is on a woman, a former Bush Administration official, Dana Perino... Should we allege a sexist motivation here on your part? (Just an FYI... that would be wrong too unless we have specific proof... something your charge lacked.)

Pretty desperate when Democrats can't handle criticism of dear leader and resort to racist allegation for every policy criticism...

16. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Pretty desperate, lol, pretty common.

Racist, neo-con, nazi.. all key words that the other person cannot debate the subject at hand. When you cannot debate and idea you put your opponent on the defensive by associating them with something unseemly regardless if its related to the discussion at hand. Most people grow out of it by elementary school.

17. werther macrumors regular

Do the anthrax attacks not count as a terrorist attack anymore?

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Unfortunately, neither you, nor InTheNet have managed to achieve that.

19. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

My face when I saw that video and comment. So basically people never died during 9/11

Attached Files:

20. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

I don't know, I guess the reason this got to me so much is because this isn't just a slip of the tongue, it can't be. Our lives have been affected so deeply by terrorism since that day that it astounds me that ANYONE could say that, let alone a former press secretary of the president who was in office at the time. Add on top of that the fact that none of the people sitting at the table there thought to correct her, and it becomes all the more outrageous...

Exactly. I guess, to her credit, she was not the press secretary during the anthrax attacks or during 9/11, but she was the press secretary when the key suspect in the anthrax attacks committed suicide, so its not like she didn't hear about it during her time in there.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

They'll try to rewrite history any way they can. Not gonna work- we know when Bush was president, and we know when 9/11 happened.

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Look, you can go on and on about this all you want, but he corrected himself right after he said it. Sure, someone looks stupid, but it isn't him.

[​IMG]

23. Queso macrumors G4

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

"You're black." :)

25. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I can't believe he brought that up. How old is that anyway? And how insignificant?