Dancing With The Stars; Tea Party Conspiracy?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by renewed, Nov 9, 2010.

1. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

Anyone else watch Dancing With The Stars? How the hell does Palin's daughter keep getting voted safe? I think the whole Tea Party sits there in giant meetings and shoots out texts for her.

Is he kidding? No I'm being serious. Well kind of. I just don't get it. She isn't that good. :eek:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

[​IMG]

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Maybe they do. Haha! That's too funny. I think she's just a celebrity like anyone else, who's famous for getting knocked up. What's new? :)

Hey now! I took 6 years of ballet, jazz and modern and was an athlete. ;)

5. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Funny, me too, and I'm straight :)

6. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

7. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

What, now people can't even watch a reality show without politicizing it? *sigh*

Shows like that are a popularity contest, nothing more. If you're really shocked at her success because you're comparing that to her dancing (in)ability, you've completely bought in.

8. renewed thread starter macrumors 68040

renewed

I know it is a popularity contest but who is she popular amongst? AFAIK her claim to fame is being Palin's daughter with a kid.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Yeah, but I don;t see this as any different than if Britney Spears was on the show. The Palin family is a train wreck, and people love to look at train wrecks. I don't think it has anything to do with politics.

10. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Oh it has a little to do with politics but it is more the fact the people who like Bristal are afraid that the hate of palin will get Bristal kick off the show so they are going so they go nuts trying to get as many votes as possible.

I have not even watch the show at all this season but I have been ordered by the woman I love to vote for Bristal and Mark and I am not crazy enough to go against her and I honestly do not care who wins so I send in my Text message votes, and call in votes.... Keeps her happy which keeps me happy.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I haven't watched it all this year. It just seemed too much to be "Parade of the Tragic", rather than Dancing with the Stars.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

What do you expect when the "stars" haven't been relevant for over 10 years.

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nothing, obviously. ;)