Dani Dayan: Israeli settlements are the solution, not the problem

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by OutThere, Jul 26, 2012.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Yesterday's op-ed column from Israeli pro-settlement activist Dani Dayan is arrogantly colonialist to an extreme. I'm glad the Times published this, I think it needs to be seen how distorted the settlers' attitudes are.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/26/opinion/israels-settlers-are-here-to-stay.html?_r=1&hp

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Perhaps a one state solution really is the right idea. The more I think about it, the creation of tiny Palestinian state between Israel and Jordan/Egypt/Syria really is probably a bad idea. In which case, Israel should be expanding and building out the areas currently outside Israel's borders for incorporation into Isreal proper. They should also ramp up military and police patrols of those areas. Lawlessness should be grounds for immediate expulsion and/or arrest. All problems solved! :rolleyes:

3. macquariumguy macrumors 6502a

I think this is a perfectly defensible position to take.

4. Fazzy macrumors 6502

5. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Why? When Iraq attacked/invaded Kuwait, they lost, were invaded and lost a huge amount of their sovereign power. At the time, there was an argument that Iraq should have been occupied for some period to prevent future threats. Israel only gave up its hold on huge areas of land based on international pressure.

You might not agree with the post, but to say it is stupid is pretty mean, not to mention doesn't take into account the historical background.

6. Fazzy macrumors 6502

Yuo're right, I don't agree with the post. His article just represents his opinion. And so did my post.

7. AhmedFaisal Guest

"Mein Volk braucht Lebensraum im Osten" Adolf Hitler, 1933.

So much about "God's selected people". Just lousy little fascist thugs like everyone else.