Danish iPhone rates are worse than the Canadian

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eskalation.dk, Jun 29, 2008.

1. eskalation.dk macrumors member

Hey,

i have read about the Canadian rates being unfair and overpriced.. I went to the site to check whether that was true or not, and yes, its expensive.

BUT!

The most expensive plan in Canada costs $115 canadian, or $113,63 US.

In Denmark, the cheapest – and only – plan costs 599 DKK, or $126,85 US.

With that plan, we get:

Free talk to other Telia cellphones
    Free talk to landlines.
    300 minutes of talk to other cellulars afterwards 0,99 dkk roughly $0,20 pr. minute.
    ONLY 300 MB OF DATA!!!!! $0,265 for each extra MB of data.
    free text messages.

It ****ing sucks.
    I will not be getting an iPhone because of this.

Luckily – in Denmark the law states that no phone company can lock you for more than 6 months, so after the 6 months, you can use whatever carrier you want.

But those 6 monts is keeping me away!!

2. kamiboy macrumors 6502

The iPhone, the best mobile phone ever made my human hands but destined to never have broad appeal because it is consistently handcuffed to the very worst deals in the telecom industry.

Jaysus Apple, I am starting to seriously be convinced they don't want the iPhone to become a huge success.

3. stofferdk macrumors regular

Having waited for the iphone forever, I can only confirm the OP's concerns.

As a matter of fact, the same company Telia, previously featured the very same phoneplan for 399DKK/month. With the iphone, it is now 599DKK.

One of the reasons, which Apple can do nothing about, are our insane tax and customs rates.

Nonetheless -as of now, Denmark got the most expensive iPhone, both regarding the buy price, and the plan price.

To compare - YES, one would be ABLE TO BUY A MACBOOK for the same amount of money.

4. moveteam macrumors member

Oh dear God, what did you expect? The carriers can only sign us up for 6 months, and the total cost is the cheapest worldwide. It sucks not to have free data, but else this is so typical Danes.

Buy it or don't buy it

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

You data plan sucks but at least you can get out of the plan after 6 months and $720.

In the US is 24 months and $1680

6. samab macrumors 6502a

Of course it's cheaper, they only got 6 months of phone/data service.

For the US, it's $200 for the phone, 6 months x $75 a month for service and $175 - (6 x $5) for the ETF --- that's $790. That extra $12 a month gives Americans 150 more minutes a month, and unlimited data instead of 300 MB a month.

7. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

1) If you don't like, complain, like the canadians are doing, and it will probably work.
    2) Everyone in the world begged for an iPhone. Well, you have it now ;)

8. Project macrumors 68020

I know the 300MB limit is an annoyance but i'd be surprised if even 1% of users exceeded this.